All Blog Entries

1. So much better right now

I can't believe how black and white some of these lupus days are. You can be in the pit of dispair and pain one day and then wake up and feel like hitting the mall. Okay, the mall part is really rare, but it does happen. A couple of nights ago I made a decision to start going to bed at a very specific time (earlier) and then when I wake up, focus on that day and that day only. The AA approach of one day at a time, one minute at a time when necessary. Grant it, it is only day two but both have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Too long but needed to vent

Wow, it has been such a hard month! I don't know if it's winter and the cold or if my body is cycling for another huge flare. I have been in so much pain!! And, of course, there's the swelling around the joints and my eyes. I've known without a doubt that I have Lupus for months but if there was any doubt, it's completely gone. The Reynauds and the Sjourns just nag. I know I sound like a constant downer but this is pretty much the only place I let it all out. I hate all the medication and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lupus and Shingles (Herpes Zoster)

I have been "gunned down' by shingles recently. If you wonder what is it, here is my account recorded in my blog.
    http://livingmeaningfullywithlupus.b...es-zoster.html

I am still coping with the nerve pain that comes with it. If you have remedies to relieve such pain, please share with me. Thanks!
    Tags: shingles Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Finally Very Exiting News

FDA APPROVES BENLYSTA® FOR LUPUS IN BREAKTHROUGH FOR MILLIONS OF SUFFERERS
    Lupus Research Institute Welcomes First New Treatment Approved For Lupus in More Than 50 Years
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Lupus Research Institute (LRI) and its National Coalition of state and local lupus organizations welcome the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) historic approval of BENLYSTA® (belimumab) for systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus), launching the first safe and effective ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yayeeeee, im back on it tomorow

by , 02-20-2011 at 02:05 PM (Journey to my first half marathon.)
    I git the arch supports, and they do wonders, gna go back to hitting the road again tomoro, im soooooper excited.
    wish me injury free and sweaty runs ahead
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast