Living Life With Lupus Nephritis

My blog will be about a variety of things but it will mostly touch on my struggles and overcomings of my chronic, new illnesses such as the one titled above. I want people to feel encouraged when they read my blogs. Hope you enjoy them! =)

1. Moving

by , 10-06-2012 at 07:30 AM (Living Life With Lupus Nephritis)
    Yeah so I finally struck up the courage to ask my social worker and kidney doctor to put me in a group home about a month ago. I'm still living with one of my good sisters but I'm getting ready to make that big move into an AFC home. Strangely, I am very excited because after the group home I will be in independent living, and after that I will totally be on my own. I've never been on my own before. I really am looking forward to that. I guess I'll really have to be diligent on waking myself up, ...
    Categories
    True Stories
  2. The beginning of hardship: the final...I hope.....

by , 09-04-2012 at 10:28 AM (Living Life With Lupus Nephritis)
    The nice kidney doctor gave me some scary news; I needed a kidney biopsy. I never had this type of procedure before so it was pretty scary to me. I had to be admitted to the hospital for the biopsy and because my potassium was incredibly high. Also, I wasn't aware of it until the end of my uncomfortable stay in the hospital, but I needed a bone marrow biopsy as well. During my hospital stay, the doctor who prescribed me Prednisone increased the doseage to nearly 60mg from 50mg. I promise you that ...
    Tags: dialysis, lupus Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    True Stories
  3. The beginning of hardship: part two

by , 09-01-2012 at 07:23 PM (Living Life With Lupus Nephritis)
    The ride to the hospital was a frightening and uncertain one. As I sat in the passenger seat, I simply watched the stars twinkle all around the dark along with the shining, brilliant moon. Mother was as silent as a corpse. Finally when we arrived to the hospital(St. John's Oakland-Macomb, I believe), I just began to vomit. The cause was unknown. I signed up for the doctors to come check me out as I waited in the chillly lobby room. I grew more and more anxious as I waited and waited.
    Tags: hospital, lupus Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    True Stories
  4. The beginning of hardship: part one

by , 08-31-2012 at 05:12 PM (Living Life With Lupus Nephritis)
    It was a scary night when I first realized that something was terribly wrong with me. I was writing a letter to my favorite brother(who is away in the U.S. Navy), when all of a sudden my hands started to cramp, twist, and bend in all types of directions. It seemed as though this self-torture would never cease while I screamed at the very top of my lungs. Even Mother could not help me, as she lay there on the couch hollering,"Girl! What's the matter with you! Oh my poor baby!!!!"

Updated 09-01-2012 at 07:07 PM by The Survivor

Tags: lupus, symptoms Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    True Stories