Blog Comments

I know I told my friending get excited when I see a pillow anything that means sleep . The people that belong to this group promises it will get better I think we just need the medicines to work I'm going to see a dr at the university next week I will let you know what she says vicky
    I totally get the crying thing and getting scared. I do the same thing mostly at night when I hurt so bad I can't sleep. I lay there a pray and cry. I am hoping this is not the new normal we are to live with. But ok I guess if we are. My body aches so bad mostly my whole back and legs hands and feet. I was taking vitamins and glad you mentioned it, cause a lot of people try to get me to take them. I didn't even think about it.

Yeah, I spend a lot of time in bed and on the couch and truly can't do much of anything. I have my spot on the couch with my blanky and tv tray next to it and then I have a spot in my bedroom with my table. LOL! Its like having to beds ready for the moment. I thankful to the Lord I found this place and you. Wow I was really lonely and loosing my mind.
    Black eight thank you so much for your kind words. I don't know anything about this crap either. I have learned one huge thing is do not take any vitamin cure all from anyone without your Drs okay. I have had many friends tell me i Didn't want to get well some of the vitamins etc have attimune boosters and we do not need that I find all my support here which I thank god for really I'm in bed today did to much yesterday
    Hang in there Vicky, it is scary but you are not alone. Here for you to talk to anytime you need it. I don't know much about lupus as I was just diagnosed with it and a few other things, but anytime you need someone to lean on I am most of the time stuck on the couch or bed. LOL!
    Rob thank you so much for uplifting me again. They did get me into the university on he 22nd after they reviews my chart. They had to make sure I had lupus to see this Dr she is oppose to be real smart. She is in the research and all that. Sorry about the type errors my tips of my finger tips still purple
    Hi again Vicky,

You're not acting like a four year old, you're simply acting like anyone would after being diagnosed with Lupus. It's scary. It can be devastating. Your reaction is very normal, and very human.

I know you are really scared. I was too back in 2004 when I got the SLE diagnosis. Yes, Lupus is serious business, but with proper meds and lifestyle changes, the chances of it actually killing a person are very, very slim. Lupus is not the death sentence it was 20 years ago.

I've lived with Lupus for 8 years now, and my mother has lived with it for over 20 years. We're both living active and productive lives despite having Lupus. We have some members here at WHL who haved lived with Lupus for 30-40 years or more.

The most important things, are that you have a diagnosis, and that you are taking the proper meds. You are on the right track, and you are doing the right things. As time goes on, you'll find that Lupus no longer looks like a menacing brick wall, but is more like a few bumps in the road.

Things will get better.

Hang in there,

Rob