Im am in the Army also, It took them 7 months of me coming in and alot of ER visits. They started off checking me for RA first, which I knew wasnt it, but it would at least show that something was off with my ANA which made them start to actually talk to me about lupus.
I'm new here but I can completely sympathise with you as I have all of those symptoms too apart from the rash on the face and body. I suppose the thing I did was nag and nag and nag. I was told that it was just depression, that it was just athritis.. then they thought it might be ME etc etc. Getting Diagnosed with Lupus is by my experience and from what i've also read..a very long and drawn out process. It's hard to deal with and it frustrating. But if you know something isn't quite right, whether it be Lupus or not (as Lupus effects everyone different;y) then keep nagging!!
lupus nephritis symptoms ：
1. Fever: commonly, there are two reasons why you get fever, which are inflammations caused by pathogenic bacteria or immune reactions. Fever means the virus are in active period.
3. Skin mucous membrane：The butterfly type erythema on your face or on the whole body, when they fade away, there is no trace last long.
4. dental ulcer and mucosalerosion
5. Pain in joints or muscles
6. You can’t move for 1-2 hours before you got up in the morning. It won’t damage your joints.
I'm not sure if a PA would send you to a rheumy right off the bat. I'm undiagnosed currently and going to see my doctor soon about it. All you can do is present your symptoms to the PA and hope they can test you for lupus. I hope you find answers soon. I know it's not fun not knowing. Good luck to you.