Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by rob
    Hi Rouge,

You ask an excellent question. Have you ever considered turning a hobby into a home business? I'm on full disability but I am allowed to supplement my disability pay with a part-time job. I build models for museums, and I also sell some of my models on Ebay. Planes, ships, cars, whatever the client wants. People are willing to pay fairly high prices for quality work. I do all my work at home, at my leisure, and at a pace that I set that's compatible with having SLE/MS.

Turning a hobby into a home business is one job idea that's suitable for people with a chronic illness.

It's one idea anyway,

Rob

Thanks rob for your input and ideia, i would like to do something i like for sure, otherwise it will be boring and wont work for sure.
    Motivation is a big thing when you are sick, sounds like you have found your perfect job.
    I just want something to help out with bills, as cost of living has gone up
    I love your ideia, and i think you got to love what you are doing whatever industry it is.
    thank you so much for your input,
    much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun
    I am also on disability and I do the same kind of thing. I really love to be outside and I don't react too horribly to the sun, so I do dog walking/dog care for 2 people as a small paid hobby. I charge $10 per dog for half an hour of walking and I will also feed/clip nails/brush and play with their dogs if they would like me to. Its extra cash that I need and it also gives me the exercise I need, plus fresh air and happiness.

Thanks for your ideia, i think that is great, moving and getting exercise seems to help alot, pending on each individual...i find the biggest thing is motivation, but pets are a great motivation for sure.
    i have been searching but no luck yet...alot of online jobs are a scam
    but they reckon if it doesnt exist Create it !
    I think there is a need for jobs that are disability friendly...
    Any more ideias or suggested would be much appreciated.

hope you are well x
    I am also on disability and I do the same kind of thing. I really love to be outside and I don't react too horribly to the sun, so I do dog walking/dog care for 2 people as a small paid hobby. I charge $10 per dog for half an hour of walking and I will also feed/clip nails/brush and play with their dogs if they would like me to. Its extra cash that I need and it also gives me the exercise I need, plus fresh air and happiness.
    Hi Rouge,

You ask an excellent question. Have you ever considered turning a hobby into a home business? I'm on full disability but I am allowed to supplement my disability pay with a part-time job. I build models for museums, and I also sell some of my models on Ebay. Planes, ships, cars, whatever the client wants. People are willing to pay fairly high prices for quality work. I do all my work at home, at my leisure, and at a pace that I set that's compatible with having SLE/MS.

Turning a hobby into a home business is one job idea that's suitable for people with a chronic illness.

It's one idea anyway,

Rob