serand4

1. Prednisone Works it's Magic

In my initial use of it, it produced such magical, miracle help to my Lupus, I couldn't believe it. I had been suffering with fibro for years and really didn't have a true diagnosis of Lupus at that point. All I knew is that once I started taking the Pred, I had energy, less pain and could absolutely see a future with a full time job, working out again (I really do like to exercise!), and getting back to having a family life. As I cut down from the 30mg to the 20mg to the 10mg, I noticed a stark ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Flare up seems to be improving

Boy, the past couple of days were really tough. I thought the fibro had been bad with the terrible pain and the IBS and all the medication, but the weakness I suffered over the past few days with the Lupus had to be even more frightening. I laid there one day and thought, "What will I do when my parents pass or my son goes off on his own?" Who will help me? I used to be so active and while my house was never in perfect shape, I could put it in good shape quickly. I made meals and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Keep on keepin on!

I managed to really get some things done yesterday and while it took a lot out of me, it's so nice to have a full refridgerator and a semi-clean house. Of course, I as tired as can be today but I knew to expect that. I have a doctor's appointment clear on the other side of the city this afternoon but I've rested this morning and think I can make it.

When I start feeling a little better, like I do today, is when I get lonely. I have this disease can really cause me to isolate. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Happy Thursday!

I have a lot more strength today. I actually managed to get out of bed early and get some paperwork done and make a few calls instead of putting it off until the last minute. I have just been so drained since the colonoscopy last week. I told the Dr. that I wasn't strong enough but since I had some major bleeding he wanted it done right away. I saw his side of the situation but I'm telling you, when you know you're too weak, go with your gut. It took me four days to get enough strength to even ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Better Day Today

I feel like I managed to get some things accomplished today and each time that happens, I definitely feel better! I'm battling for disability and of course food stamps. I just can't imagine how people that are much sicker than I am manage to get all the paperwork together and go through the process. It just takes so much to make even a dent! Tomorrow is a day to dedicate to calling all of my state reps for their help in expediting my case. Believe me guys, this really does help. I've been ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast