serand4

1. Mood floods

I swear, today has been one huge tidal way washing back and forth like water in a bathtub! I woke up this morning and felt pretty good. I didn't have any particular desire to go back to bed which is a first in many, many months. I was hungry, which is not new but I didn't choke on anything and that's new. Eventually I did wear out and went to bed. I woke up to a message from my mom that said, "oh, I suppose you're still sleeping..." I shouldn't be sensitive about this. She wasn't ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Strange, strange, strange

This whole mess, Lupus or whatever it is, just has to be the most confusing, confounding and downright troubling syndrom there is! First I'm diagnosed with it, now when the Plaquenil starts to work I'm told I don't have it. Oh, and let's not forget the diagnosis of Shrinking Lung Syndrom where the doctor flipped out when my rheum suddenly decided I didn't have Lupus. It was as if I conjured up this huge lie that encompassed the oxygen intake tests and everything. Oh come on!

So, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Conflicting thoughts today

A couple of days ago my rheum doctor told me I don't have Lupus. She's been treating me for it since June but when my lung doctor called her because he feared I had shrinking lung disease, she essentially acted like I was crazy and that she never said I had Lupus. My primary doc is sure I have Lupus but the lung doctor was pretty hot under the collar, as if I would lie about something like that. Exactly why would I do that?

I see my primary doc next week and will find a new rheum. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. By Golly, it's a good day!!!

I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to say this again, but I feel positively "normal" today! I'm taking it slow but I've still accomplished so much today and haven't had the pain and dragging fatigue that usually comes with it. Maybe the Plaquenil is starting to kick in. If this is how I'll feel when it finally gets into my system, I have so much hope! And I can remember things! I've made appointments I kept forgetting to make (like one for the plumber - definitely needed that one to get ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. It's the little things I miss

First, this is not a downer blog entry. Life is fluid and you have to ride the wave and I have certainly had numerous tsunamis in my life! By the way, they usually end up working out far better than if I had stayed in the status quo. But since 2006 when the fibro first set in so much has changed. For two years I struggled for a diagnosis and still managed to work and workout. I got laid off in 2008 and for some reason got so much sicker. Maybe I just finally had time to realize the pain, who ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast