serand4

1. Just a tough day

I have to admit that I'm getting tired of the progressive nature of this disease. Months ago it was all about the rash on my face and then the endless fact-finding mission to figure out what I'm dealing with. Now, several months later, many hospitalizations and doctors appts later, I wish I was just back to the red face! Forgive me for the rant, but here it comes...

I am so tired of being tired! For a couple of years it was just going back to bed in the morning after my son was ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. So much better right now

I can't believe how black and white some of these lupus days are. You can be in the pit of dispair and pain one day and then wake up and feel like hitting the mall. Okay, the mall part is really rare, but it does happen. A couple of nights ago I made a decision to start going to bed at a very specific time (earlier) and then when I wake up, focus on that day and that day only. The AA approach of one day at a time, one minute at a time when necessary. Grant it, it is only day two but both have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Too long but needed to vent

Wow, it has been such a hard month! I don't know if it's winter and the cold or if my body is cycling for another huge flare. I have been in so much pain!! And, of course, there's the swelling around the joints and my eyes. I've known without a doubt that I have Lupus for months but if there was any doubt, it's completely gone. The Reynauds and the Sjourns just nag. I know I sound like a constant downer but this is pretty much the only place I let it all out. I hate all the medication and ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized