Blog Comments

My daughter also had symptoms of hypothyroidism and was started on the medication for it. They hoped the medication would help with some of her Lupus symptoms as well. She was on the medication for quite some time a lil over a year but the medication was then causing hyperthyroidism so they discontinued the medication the medication gave her no relief of any of her symptoms the only thing it did do was help her to loose some weight.
    gah - I take this back now. I JUST saw a woman doctor (not a rheumy- I still love mine) - just a primary care doc. And she was so wicked and disrespectful. I took my "list in" of 3 things that are going on and she was sooooo disrespectful. She didn't want to listen and said, "I only have time to listen to one thing." And I said, "this is my physical - don't you think you should LISTEN to all three things and then tell me if they are important or not?" She then said, "I think you have severe mental disorders. All within 4 minutes of meeting me for the very first time. So a woman doc is NO BETTER THAN A MAN ANYMORE. They can all be equally arrogant and foolish and ridiculous.

I took my self out of there and complained to her chief of staff. He took me very seriously and made sure I got a letter of apology from her. Because THAT was ridiculous since I had signed up for a PHYSICAL -- so taking in a list of concerns was RIGHT and normal. and being told that she thought I had a host of mental illnesses within 4 minutes (I dont - but even if I did - she needs to refer me to the proper help- not use it as a weapon - treat mental stuff like a disorder just like lupus or diabetes or heart problems duh).... grrr.

I really hate medical people even though I NEEED THEM to survive. Is very love/hate right now. My condolences still remain.
    Hugs and strength to you. I've been fighting with doctors for almost a decade now, and it just seems that with this disease, not only do you have to fight the illness you have to fight the people who are supposed to be helping you as well. Double battle.

As SugarSnit said: "It's also good if you're a millionaire, aren't sick, and live on planet perfect. " So true.
    hugs. I wish I could tell you I have no idea what you're talking about - but I've been there. It's better to find a WOMAN rheumy. It just is. And to go to a good one even if you have to travel. It's also good if you're a millionaire, aren't sick, and live on planet perfect.

I'm sorry you're dealing with these frustrations. I really am. I used to say I didn't care about a diagnosis. But I realize that I am taken MUCH MORE SERIOUSLY and treated much more quickly now that I have an "official" diagnosis.
    Well, I fell asleep on the couch about an hour and a half after my last post. Just woke up and finished my dinner in about 10 minutes. When I woke up, my leg was fine, but now my arm hurts. Oh well, at least it's easier to get around now! lol.
    1/1/10
    First day of the new year, and already I have a flare in my right leg. Hurts to walk on, and it feels really weak when there is too much weight put on it, so I'm literally limping around the house. Well, at least it will get better soon!
    Wonderful. Two 'mild' flares in two days. I must be lucky or something. Geeze, does it ever stop? Also, my friend told me yesterday that she saw my OCD habits get worse. She said "You've been doing it a lot more than usual. Are your new meds working?" I thought it was kind of wierd at first, but now I find it funny since I just remembered that it might be from when I forgot my meds for about a week. I'm just happy that I haven't hit my head on a wall wrong! lol. Happy New Years Eve!
    12/26/09
    My elbow ached only a little yesterday, but not bad enough for me to be hindered by it. However, today it hurts to bend the elbow, along with the usual pain of turning the wrist.
    Thanks. I'm sorry to hear you're going through the same thing. My doctor told me that I had to sign the release papers, and then told me that the files were destroyed but to come back to see if they had them. Apparently the doctors here are getting a little lazy if yours is doing the same thing to you. I think that's why they have a fax machine? lol. Sorry, had to add the sarcasm. But you'd imagine that they put the files on their computers for the patient's benefit.
    Hi Wolfwhisper
    I feel for ya! There's got to be a better way to deal with all the medical records! I've made a couple of moves the past couple of years due to medical problems and it's been nearly a full-time job to keep up with transferring records and setting up new doctors. When I got to Tampa a few months ago, the doctors here won't help at all to get my records. It's been expensive and a royal pain - not to mention we have to do all this crap when we feel worse than crap!
    You know i had a similar experience with a massage.I had a neck n shoulder massage.Unfortunately,you know how some massage places have you put your head through a hole thing in the table,well mine didnt.So when i sat up,my neck felt so very sore for days.So now i try and lie down properly when having a massage.
    How is your leg now? Hope it has eased a little.
    love Amanda.xxxx
    Got a massage that usually relieves pain. Unfortunatly, my legs hurt when I walk now. It makes no sense.
    Maby I sprained the muscles? It's a good thing that I use the elevator at school.