Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Happiness and Frustrations

My trip to Yosemite was boat loads of fun!! I got over my sickness just in time for it, and though I still had a minor cough, it didn't effect me too much while on the trip. And Lupus didn't really effect me too much either which I am very grateful for! I was able to do all the hiking. We even went on a 7 mile round trip hike which was strenuous uphill the entire way for 3.5 miles until we reached the top of Nevada Falls and then turned around to come back down. We saw 2 waterfalls on that ...

Updated 04-26-2009 at 08:29 AM by tasha

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. More Prednisone Tapering

As of yesterday I am now down to 17.5mg of prednisone. The last 2 times I tapered I ended up catching a pretty bad cold (and I'm still not completely over the most recent one I caught) so I'm hoping I don't get sick again from this. Especially because I'm leaving for camping/hiking in Yosemite tomorrow morning, which I've been looking forward to since we booked in January!

I'm a little worried because after my rheumatologist got my most recent lab results in a few days ago, she ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Hopefully not getting sick...

I've been on 20mg of Prednisone for a week now. I've been trying to stay very active, getting daily exercise. I was feeling great until yesterday. Now I feel like I'm getting sick. I wonder if I actually caught something or if I feel this way from tapering Prednisone...

I have mixed emotions though because I'm also extremely happy that my semester is just about over! One more week and then I have a 2 week break before summer session starts. Today I turned in my last paper of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Prednisone Tapering Update

Today was my first day on 20mg of prednisone down from 30mg. I'm feeling okay, just a little bit of pain in my toes. I'm hoping that I won't get anymore pain tomorrow because I'm meeting a friend up in Santa Barbara for the weekend!

I also have a huge 15 page paper to finish writing for my techniques of counseling class. It requires a lot of concentration and commitment that I have difficulty with when Lupus makes me feel like crap. This is my last paper of the semester though ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. CellCept is Finally Working!

I just met with my rheumatologist today and the CellCept is finally working! The protein in my urine has decreased from 1035mg to 513mg! I just had to wait patiently for 2 months

And now I begin my prednisone taper...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast