PDA

View Full Version : WHAT????????????

SoleSinger
12-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Hi all!

Got a call from my doctor the other day... Apparently all my labs look good, my protein is almost stablized and everything is on the up and up!!!

But, I wonder... How can that be true, when my legs are still swelling pretty intensely and I seem to be FEELING crappier and crappier???

I have a call in to my doc to ask these questions as well, I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this? Or knows anything about why this might be?

Thank you all for listening to me AGAIN! LOL!!

Confused in Colorado (Doesn't this just FEEL like a Dear Abby letter?)

hippimom2
12-03-2005, 07:37 AM
I haven't had the swelling, but I have had times when I have horrible and my labs have all come back fine - it is hard to understand. I'm glad you are calling your doc with some questions. Let us know what you find out. Take care

hatlady
12-03-2005, 12:18 PM
For whatever reason with this weird and strange condition, when my labs look the best is typically when I'm feeling the worst. I commented on that to my primary care doc when I went in for my annual pap etc, he said they don't pay too much attention to the ANA (mine was actually in the normal range!) with lupus, they go more by how you actually feel.

Who the heck knows. Our bodies are strange places to live in sometimes! :wink:

silverlioness
12-03-2005, 11:06 PM
All my lab work is completely normal except for a positive ANA and a low C4 and I feel horrible 24/7. My legs swell upon any exertion including taking a shower. If it's only me and you, maybe it the altitude :)

SoleSinger
12-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Hey, I'm cool with blaming Colorado for all my crap!!

LOL!!!!!

If I hadn't lived here my entire life, I'd be blaming my dizziness on it too!!!!!! And my fatigue, and EVERYTHING!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Thank you all for your responses!! :):):) I'm glad I'm not the only one!!!

silverlioness
12-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I moved here in 1998. I've gotten worse since I've moved here but also gotten older (of course). We are probably moving east next year. I'll let you know if I improve with the move :lol:

shanniefly
12-12-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm the exact same way!!! When my labs look great I have more problems than if they say...hey Shan...your in a flare!!! I attribute it all the the fact that Lupus is a backwards thing...that is how I explain it to almost everyone!!! If someone asks me what Lupus is, I tell them that I have a mentally handicapped immune system...they look at me funny, but it breaks the ice!!! :lol:

I take blood thinners, and we have acctually checked it so frequently that they can prove "my" point. Right before "Aunt Flo" comes to visit every month...my INR goes sky high...Right after "She" leaves for the month...it drops dramatically!!! Almost every month is similar!!! I litterally went from a 6.2 INR to a 2.9 INR with no diet changes, and no medication changes in one week. :shock:

I also take more water pills when I'm not in a flare than when I am in one!!! In fact...I want to look in the book of world records for the most lbs. of urine lost in one hour...I lost 17 lbs. in 3 hours last week...insane!!!

Sorry if this info. bothered anyone!!! :oops:

Wow...I had a lot to say tonight...Sorry all!!!