PDA

View Full Version : cold hands

ruziska
05-07-2011, 04:40 PM
It is 74F where I'm sitting. I'm barefoot, wearing a tshirt and yoga pants. I'm comfortable with the exception that my hands are FREEZING. They aren't blue, or white, just their normal color. They don't hurt (my feet and hips have that covered today), they are just plain FREEZING. They are slightly stiff but that is normal for me. It isn't a case of my mind thinking my hands are cold but they really aren't- no, my hands really are quite cold. As in if I put my hands on my face YIKES! I've tried hand exercises to get the blood flowing and I just have well exercised COLD hands. Very cold hands. From my fingertips to my wrists. Both of them.

Any suggestions?

ritzbit
05-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Wear gloves all the time. Watch to make sure they dont change color. Raynauds sucks really bad. Gloves help me with my cold hands and hats. You lose a lot of body heat through your head.

mdawncooper
05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I get cold hands too. They seem to be better right now but I have noticed it since my symptoms have gotten more pronounced
Melanie

steve.b
05-08-2011, 01:43 AM
if it is circulation issues. they will be sensitive to heat.
warm them slowly.
gloves are good, i also use a hot water bottle under a towel.

Peridot20_Gem
05-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Hi ruziska,

If you have'nt been checked for Raynauds then i'd ask about it.

I've got Raynauds and it's summer here and i'm typing in white gloves, your hands don't always have to go different colours you may just have primary raynauds but at the end of the day it still shuts down your blood vessels until you get to a certain warmth and they open back up for blood to flow, so i do suggest putting on gloves to help yourself.

SandyR
05-09-2011, 07:55 AM
It is 74F where I'm sitting. I'm barefoot, wearing a tshirt and yoga pants. I'm comfortable with the exception that my hands are FREEZING. They aren't blue, or white, just their normal color. They don't hurt (my feet and hips have that covered today), they are just plain FREEZING. They are slightly stiff but that is normal for me. It isn't a case of my mind thinking my hands are cold but they really aren't- no, my hands really are quite cold. As in if I put my hands on my face YIKES! I've tried hand exercises to get the blood flowing and I just have well exercised COLD hands. Very cold hands. From my fingertips to my wrists. Both of them.

Any suggestions?

This happens to me too. Especially in the winter, the AC and in the shade on a hot day (just great since I can't be in the sun on those days!). I also have Raynaud's. Other than the gloves, also try keeping your hands lubed up with lotion - the rubbing motion helps with circulation and does keep them warmer a bit. I also find a light sweater or socks sometime helps, but not always. The gloves are a good idea and work pretty well. I keep a cheapy pair with me and they are bright lime green so they look a little funny but I don't really care.

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
05-10-2011, 02:57 AM
I have the same problem, It's 90f here today and my hand's are ice cold even with gloves on.
Ritzbit, Sandy r & Peridot20-gem have given some good advice, I also wear white gloves
nearly 24-7 also rub mine down often with jojoba oil and lotions and still they will
be ice cold from knuckles to finger tip's but from knuckles back to my rist is bright red.
Raynaud's dose suck! I have also purchased a small heating pad for at home i put my hand's
in to warm them up and get the blood flowing. ~Diane~

BonusMom
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
I have an "illegal" heater in my office although the thermostat reads 72 degrees. My hands, feet and ears are always cold. I can't type with gloves on, so that's out. Sometimes, I take off my heels and put on my socks and tennis shoes to warm up my feet,(which sometimes warms up the rest of me, too).I look like a dork walking around the office but sometimes I just get tired of caring.

Raynaud's sucks!

Peridot20_Gem
05-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Ruziska,

Did you manage to sort something out with your hands so they was'nt so cold, as i do know it can hurt the fingers terrible.

ruziska
05-28-2011, 11:25 AM
I went to JoAnn Fabrics and Crafts and bought a pair of Dritz brand cotton/lycra fingertipless gloves. Bright lime green! They seem to be doing the trick.

Peridot20_Gem
05-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Ruziska,

The will help you but i always find rubbing some cream which you either use for your hands or moisteriser cream great as it seems to hold an extra warm, thanks for letting we know and i am truely sorry you suffer with it also.

Peridot20_Gem
05-28-2011, 03:41 PM
I have an "illegal" heater in my office although the thermostat reads 72 degrees. My hands, feet and ears are always cold. I can't type with gloves on, so that's out. Sometimes, I take off my heels and put on my socks and tennis shoes to warm up my feet,(which sometimes warms up the rest of me, too).I look like a dork walking around the office but sometimes I just get tired of caring.

Raynaud's sucks!Hi Bonusmom,

Illegal heater or not it's what counts on you keeping warm. I type with gloves on because my nails have to be kept short as the raynauds is up my nails and underneath and on the tips of my fingers and besides them being cold, typing makes it very painful with the tapping.

Never mind looking a dork or what other's think, when they're looking you really should say anyone fancy a GAME lol