PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone hear of "Upper Cervical therapy or treatments

Nonna
05-05-2011, 06:58 PM
I went to the local support group tonite and the speaker was a doctor ? Of sorts? I'm not sure. It's sounds like .............. i'm not sure,

He talked about the 2 vertabrate that protect and support the brain stem. How if they are out of alignment the brain stem is compressed and can't function correctly. He thinks that the body can correct it's self if the nerve impulses can flow freely.

It sounded logical, but it makes me wonder if this isn't quack medicine. Anyone ever heard of it or tried it?

tgal
05-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Chiropractors always think that they can fix anything and this is just another one of their magic potions. I am NOT saying that Chiropractors are all bad but I am saying that too often they try to fix things that they can't and people end up getting worse down the line.

Since he said "The body can correct itself" it sounds like quack medicine to me since we all know there is no cure for Lupus

ruziska
05-05-2011, 07:29 PM
I agree with him to a point: my neck looks like jenga. I've screwed it up more times than I can count. If the vertebrae get jarred, I'm in for a horrendous migraine so I do what I can to protect it meaning no whitewater rafting, rollercoasters, off roading and so on. Can the body correct itself? Wow, there's a generalization if ever I heard one. What he's implying I think is that the body would cure itself of Lupus but I'll bet you he uses that same line when he's talking to other support groups. One generalization fits all sort of thing. If you have migraines or you've had back bone injuries, then a chiropractor can be of some help but like tgal says; there is no cure for lupus. And if your lupus isn't affecting your spine, then I personally don't think a chiropractor would do much good but that's just my opinion.

tgal
05-05-2011, 07:42 PM
I agree with him to a point: my neck looks like jenga. I've screwed it up more times than I can count. If the vertebrae get jarred, I'm in for a horrendous migraine so I do what I can to protect it meaning no whitewater rafting, rollercoasters, off roading and so on. Can the body correct itself? Wow, there's a generalization if ever I heard one. What he's implying I think is that the body would cure itself of Lupus but I'll bet you he uses that same line when he's talking to other support groups. One generalization fits all sort of thing. If you have migraines or you've had back bone injuries, then a chiropractor can be of some help but like tgal says; there is no cure for lupus. And if your lupus isn't affecting your spine, then I personally don't think a chiropractor would do much good but that's just my opinion.

Ding Ding Ding... we have a winner! LOL I looked it up and it is the "cure" for tons of things! My issue is with the word "cure". Can it help some of us feel better? Maybe and I have no issue with it being tried. I do, however, get upset at the word "cure" being tossed around because sometimes this disease puts us at the end of our rope and the last thing we need then is someone flashing a fake "cure" at us

SandyR
05-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I also agree. To a point. I have neck/back issues and see a chiropractor. I know for a fact that, for me, I always feel better when I have just been adjusted and everything is in alignment and that being in this state often helps me to keep my worst symptoms at bay or to at least lesson them but never ever would I say it cures them and neither would my chiropractor.

Nonna
05-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I figured as much, just wanted to hear it from you all. I do think it would help at a later date, but right now my plate is too full.

thanks again and hugs to all