PDA

View Full Version : Sun eye senstivity?

Toradoradi
05-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I've noticed more recently since the sun has been out mor frequent that my eyes have become very sensitive to it. I have to wear sunglasses constantly because it seems like my eyes don't adjust very well to the sunlight. Its almost the same effect as when your in the sun and go into a dark room and it takes a minute to adjust. I'm fine when I wear sunglasses and don't notice it at all or when it's cloudy out. It's only when it's sunny. Does anyone else have this or is it just part of this crazy disease...?

tgal
05-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Just part of this crazy disease! It goes along with the sun sensitivity that many of us have with our disease. Make sure that you wear good, UV blocking sunglasses when you are outside. Even on cloudy days the UV rays can get through so protect yourself!

debrodg4
05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes, I get this too. I actually have to wear sunglasses when it's cloudy out as well. There is something about the glare, my eyes just can't take.

rob
05-05-2011, 01:35 PM
I've noticed more recently since the sun has been out mor frequent that my eyes have become very sensitive to it. I have to wear sunglasses constantly because it seems like my eyes don't adjust very well to the sunlight. Its almost the same effect as when your in the sun and go into a dark room and it takes a minute to adjust. I'm fine when I wear sunglasses and don't notice it at all or when it's cloudy out. It's only when it's sunny. Does anyone else have this or is it just part of this crazy disease...?

Yep, I also have the same problem. It's exactly as you describe it, like when you go into a dark room, or when you go outside after being in the movie theater for a matinee.

ruziska
05-05-2011, 07:32 PM
Count me in on that issue as well. Having Lupus is like living with a practical joker; you know something's going to happen but you don't know what or when.

steve.b
05-06-2011, 05:51 AM
unfortunatelly the joker played it on me as well.

bunny28
05-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Thanks for asking. I have this too but never considered it might be part of the disease...duh!

Toradoradi
05-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Good to know I'm not going crazy! I figured it had to have something to do with lupus but had to ask! It also happens at night when with the car lights. It's so annoying! I can't put sunglasses on for that issue!

Peridot20_Gem
05-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I've got this issue also and like the other member's sunglasses but i do have to be careful besides having 2 forms of seizure's but your right where night time is concerned.lol

lacey50
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM
My eyes are super sentitive to the sun. I have anti-glare transition lenses on my glasses which does help. However, there are days I have to wear special sunglasses over my regular glasses, because the sun hurts my eyes so much. I live in the South and the sun can get very intense. All these AI's cause us so many adjustments to what was our previous life.

Nonna
05-06-2011, 05:37 PM

i have to wear them even on cloudy days. the bright gray even hurts my eyes

SandyR
05-09-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm like this too. I actually wear sunglasses in the rain during the day because the glare is still too bright for my eyes without my sunglasses.

imfeisty1
06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Good to know I'm not going crazy! I figured it had to have something to do with lupus but had to ask! It also happens at night when with the car lights. It's so annoying! I can't put sunglasses on for that issue!

Have you had your eyes checked, my eye doc. told me I have prednisone cataracts!!! They will both you with night driving - aka the head lights.

lovedbyHim
06-15-2011, 02:51 AM
I have a terrible time in the sun and on hazy days . I wear glasses a lot. We are all like movie stars! I also tear up and my eyes burn. Nice to know we are not alone in this.

steve.b
06-15-2011, 02:54 AM
hi imfeisty1, welcome to our family.
nice to have you join us.

lovedbyHim
06-15-2011, 04:28 AM
Hi imfeisty! Welcome to our wonderful group of people who "get it"!

bunny28
06-15-2011, 03:31 PM
I have this too. (And haven't been on prednisone) I didn't know it was part of the disease...Hmmm, I think you just gave me justification for a new pair of "good" (read expensive) sunglasses...OH honey! I need to go shopping.

LOL!

Shaztwirl
06-16-2011, 02:03 AM
I got back from walking my son to school this morning (5 minutes up and 5 minutes back) and it's taken till now (1 hour later) to be able to see properly. My eyes were stinging and watering and my vision, which is already terrible was far worse. I'm not on prednisone or any of those drugs (just naproxen and amitriptyline for the fibro) but I've been affected this way with the sun for years and just thought it was normal.

lovedbyHim
06-16-2011, 02:52 AM
Hi Shatz, elavil causes light sensitivity too. I was on it for years. It makes the sun affect your skin more too.

pjreeses
06-16-2011, 07:44 PM
i have this too. but it seems to come and go.

tgal
06-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Shatz, elavil causes light sensitivity too. I was on it for years. It makes the sun affect your skin more too.

Elavil is also known by the name Ammitriptyline. Just wanted to put the two together in case someone didn't know

steve.b
06-17-2011, 04:11 AM
...Hmmm, I think you just gave me justification for a new pair of "good" (read expensive) sunglasses...OH honey! I need to go shopping.

LOL!

a girl must shop.

bunny28
06-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Elavil is also known by the name Ammitriptyline. Just wanted to put the two together in case someone didn't know

Does anyone know if Ammitriptyline is related to Nortryptyline (sp?)?

lovedbyHim
06-17-2011, 06:30 AM
I don't believe I can help with that. Sorry about the confusion of amitriptolin and elavil. It was a very helpful drug for me for 10 years. It managed pain well but did make my skin and eye problems worse.

SandyR
06-17-2011, 06:40 AM
i have this too. but it seems to come and go.

Welcome back, pj! how are you? So nice to see you again.

EmAli
06-17-2011, 06:52 AM
Yep, I can't adjust to the sun easily, I also have night vision problems and it makes me hate to drive at night. The lights on buildings, head lights, and street lights really screw me up at night.

tgal
06-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I too have had to start using those really dark lenses that attach to my regular glasses in order to see and keep my eyes from burning. Just another lovely gift from Lupus

DMarinchek
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
my daughter's eyes are very sensitive, she always has her shades drawn. Took me a while to understand why. Please explain to friends and family so they will understand :)

steve.b
06-22-2011, 11:01 PM
hi D and welcome.

Peridot20_Gem
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
My eyes are sensistive to light and my glasses have been dark tinted for the rays but it's abit pointless now when i dow even budge out into it.