PDA

View Full Version : hello i haven't been on a long time..

Tracyl50
05-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I know i haven't been on here for awhile. things have been good and bad. so ill start with the good. i got married last month to a wonderful man ...any man who would marry me with lupus and fibro is a Angel.. My son came home for my wedding he is in the army.. so i was excited that he came home to be part of it.. the sad news is my son is in Afghan now and i got to talk to him last night and he seems scared and nervous.. so as a parent i want to fly over there and bring my son home. he is only 19 and it breaks my heart... as for my lupus i have good days and bad days.. its getting harder for me to work everyday. I'm going to have the Dr fill out forms for FMLA so i can take days off without pay and not loose my job.. i get dizzy and numb a lot like pins and needles. the chronic fatigue is so bad. i cant really afford to on disability yet. it doesn't pay much and from i understand it could be a year to get approved. but i do know when i have a few days off i feel better. i was outside for about an hour and man did the fatigue kick in, that i had to go home and sleep I'm not use to that.. I know we all say why me! why did i get lupus and fibro.. i still don't understand it all. and I'm getting depressed from it all. well i just needed to vent.. and this is the place i know i can. at work i get harassed by two co-workers about being sick they just don't understand lupus and they don't care to learn about it.... so life is good and bad...

tgal
05-01-2011, 06:30 PM
As you said, this is the perfect place to vent! I am glad that you have had good times as well as bad. Congrats on the wedding and please give your son a special thank you from me and my family! Taking some time off with FMLA is a good thing to do. Hopefully that will give you a chance to rest up and hopefully you will feel better. Please stop in any time you need to vent. We are always here for you!

Saysusie
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I am so happy to hear from you..it has been a good long time :-)
Many congratulations on your wedding to a wonderful man who loves you - illness and all. I wish you the very best on your marriage. Also, I can understand and empathize with your distress concerning your son. Please know that I (and our nation) am so proud of him and his service to our country. 19 is so very young and, as his mother, you want him to be safe and happy. As such, I am saying a special prayer for the protection, safety and happiness of your son and his safe return home.
I am glad to hear that you've had some good days with Lupus. I know how difficult it can be to maintain a job while dealing with the symptoms of this disease (that ignorant co-workers cannot understand). It is perfectly OK to vent all of your feelings here because we understand. I hope that you are successful in getting FMLA so that you can take some days off without jeopardizing your job. Being able to get/have recuperative rest days can be so important to our ability to manage this disease. I wish you the very best.....:-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie