PDA

View Full Version : Here in the Southeast United States.....

Nonna
04-29-2011, 03:22 AM
Just wanted to mention that thoughts and prayers are needed here. We lost a lot of friends and neighbors the last few days. The storms and tornadoes where really bad in sone parts. My area was lucky, but we lived in fear.

Others weren't so lucky like craftkeeper's area. So I guess we all just need to realize that we are truly lucky; we may be sick, but there is always someone worse off than we are (Sue, you were right about that)

nonna

red246
04-29-2011, 04:17 AM
It has been horrible w/all these storms. I can't remember the last time when we had so many w/in such a short time. I read an article about a father of 13 who was killed. So sad.

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
04-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Thank's Nonna,
And you are so right. Did get a little scarry for a while but we were blessed compared to others
close by us. Have a great Day !!!!!! ~ Diane ~

Linda From Australia
04-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Saw the disaster on Australian TV. Such a mess

rob
04-29-2011, 06:53 AM
I've been following this since it happened a couple of days ago. The tornado activity is unprecedented. My thoughts and well wishes are with those people who have lost so much. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like for the victims of these terrible storms.

Bonita
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I feel for everyone who had to endure these terrible storms i live in Lebanon pa. and in Palmyra which is 11 miles away where my mom and sister live they had a small tornado and that place was never hit by a tornado before and in ono they had another one this is getting to close to home. 185 tornados touching down in one day is awfull my son said somebody is angry i told him maybe he is right. Bonita

tgal
04-29-2011, 11:58 AM
It has been horrible to watch just on TV and my thoughts are with everyone that is living in the areas that have been hit

ritzbit
04-29-2011, 12:57 PM
These storms have been terrible I'm so glad that they are over with now. Especially those down farther south =( everyone needs time to try and get themselves back up again. It was like one storm right after another for days on end. The other day when the storms came through while we were in school everyone had to take cover because we were under a tornado warning and one touched down not to terribly far from the other high school in the area. I am so thankful that we didn't get the worst of it like the people down in Alabama. I can't imagine what everyone is going through. All we've had up here is terrible flooding because I'm right up by the Ohio river. Its been the wettest month on record for this area, we apparently beat a huge flood on record from back in the 30's.

craftkeeper
04-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone. It has been such a horrible time for everyone that was hit by the storms and they truly do need our thoughts and prayers. My daughter and i went into the little town down the mountain from us called Spring City this morning. It's a small rural area, with alot of elderly folks. Thank God that no one was killed but that little town looked like a war zone. The tornado had picked up a large motor home and set it upside down almost on top of a house.. Homes were destoyed and trees ripped out of the ground everywhere. Redcross begging for blood and of course i couln't give. The next town about 15 miles away i heard seven were killed. Trees are ripped out of the ground just the road over from my home. It puts a whole new perspective on life to hear a Tornado go over your home, then see the area it hit. We are so very thankful to be alive,but feel heartbroken for those that lost loved ones.

lacey50
04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
It was a very scarry night listening to all the tornado warnings and touch downs here in the southeast area. I thank God our area was not affected. Craftkeeper, I am so glad to know that you were spared. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those whose homes and loved ones were lost.

rob
04-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Back in college I worked at a trap and skeet range in Broomfield Colorado, which is away from the front range of the Rockies out on the plains. One day we had two funnel clouds form about a mile away, and one of them came right through the range and just missed the clubhouse by about 200 yards. The machines that throw the clay birds are a couple of feet underground with an opening in the front. We all ran and took shelter in the underground traphouses while one tornado went right by us. It was so loud that you could shout at the top of your lungs and you could not even hear your own voice. It was almost surreal, as it got really, really dark in the middle of the day, and your ears started to pop because of the sudden change in atmospheric pressure. I was relatively safe, and it scared the hell out of me. I can't fathom what it would be like to have that kind of destructive force bearing down on your town, and your neighborhood.

Rob

Merrilyn OZ
04-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Have seen the terrible devastation wrought by the tornados. My thoughts are with all those members of our WHL family affectedby them.