PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

nrsbre27
12-02-2005, 02:15 AM
Hello all,

I was diagnosed in 2003 and I was doing fine, having a flare up here and there. This year however has been the pits! My lupus monitor is out of wack, my medications are no longer working, and I think my kidneys are starting to act up. This disease is really getting to me. I am 30 years old but some days like today I feel like I am 90!! I am trying to deal with this disease as best I can, but some days I just want to cry. I try not to think about death and dying but I can't help it. I am trying to be strong for my daughter she is 11. I don't like for her to see me in pain but she does because on days when I can hardly move she is there to help me. Hopefully I will get out of this flare up soon. Thanks for listening

hippimom2
12-02-2005, 05:48 AM
Welcome. I am glad you found us. I think you will find a lot of people who can relate to your frustration of being sick and your meds not helping you feel better. I think at some point we all think about death since this disease is potentially fatal. Sometimes when I am really sick it seems like I can actually feel lupus sucking the life out of me.

I have children too (four and eight) and I try to stay strong for them too. It's hard to deal with the gulit of being sick when your kids are depending on you.

You'll find a lot of support here - I'm glad you joined us :D

hatlady
12-02-2005, 11:36 AM
hugs NRSBRE, I'm glad you've found us. Sometimes just having others who understand makes all the difference. We all understand the bad days - and the preciousness of the good days.

Please join in and share - we all learn from each other!

nrsbre27
12-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Thank you all so much. I feel supported already. It's just nice to know that I am not alone.

shanniefly
12-10-2005, 08:28 PM
hang in there!!! We are all here for you!!! Let us know if you need anything!!!

Isn't it wonderful how great you feel emotionally after just one post!!!