PDA

View Full Version : Good Night Sleep???

lacey50
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
With the aches and pains most of us contend with it is often hard to get a good night sleep. I thinking I need a new mattress (ours is very old). So my question is, Do any of you have a Sleep Number bed and if so does it really help you get a comfortable good night sleep?

tgal
04-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi There,

I don't have one but I have a friend that does. She hates it but I have heard of people that love it. There are often stores that have them to try. I would find one that gives you a demonstration. They have one of those in a local mall

Nonna
04-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey Sue, call me. I go with a good old fashion hard mattress. No sleep number or temperpedic for me.

toni

mdawncooper
04-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I have a temperpedic and I love it but I do still wake up with pain in the morning.

Melanie

magistramarla
04-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Good night's sleep? What is that?
I sleep in intervals of 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time all night. I wake up with leg spasms, needing to go to the bathroom or sweating profusely all night.
We have a Tempurpedic "topper" on our mattress for my hubby's bad back. He loves it - I hate it. With my sore hips, I have a terrible time rolling over in bed,
and that thing makes it harder to do.
I don't know whether to blame the night sweats on AI diseases, menopause, or the pad on the bed. It may be all three. Jeff recently suggested that we
see if we can buy a twin sized pad and see if I'm better with my side of the bed being "bare".
I read somewhere that those of us with neurological aspects of our AI diseases tend to have interrupted REM sleep. The REM cycle is 90 minutes, so my
waking up schedule makes sense. I really miss the nights when I used to sleep 6 to 8 hours straight.
Hugs,
Marla