PDA

View Full Version : Houseguest from H#%%

ruziska
04-19-2011, 01:47 PM
"No good deed goes unpunished" so the saying goes and this weekend I was punished big time. A "friend" and I use that term VERY loosely, stayed for the weekend. She was here Thursday morning until I dropped her off at the bus at 4:00 yesterday. Believe me, I would have dropped her off sooner if I could. Why do you ask? It all started off pleasantly enough and rapidly went downhill. She complained the house was too cold. 71 degrees Fahrenheit is NOT cold. I gave her blankets to wrap up in. Blankets she spent the weekend spilling coffee all over as well as the carpet, my new white curtain, the chair she was sitting in and her bed. She slept until 5 pm on Sunday and complained that I didn't wake her up. Friday night she kept falling asleep in the chair and spilling the coffee but kept waking up enough to spill more coffee ( I should have taken it totally away) and getting on my case for suggesting she go to bed. When she finally did, it took her 50 minutes to get out of the chair and no she isn't incapacitated, just lazy. She asked me for money. She asked me to drive her all over town just to "look" but I refused in light of the current gas prices. She actually threatened to steal from me- a night light she fell in love with which was a gift from my husband. She wanted me to order her things. I'm comfortable but by no means rich. My husband even fixed her laptop that her kids totally screwed up. BUT the icing on the cake was this: after coming home from taking her to the bus, it was discovered that she (the only one using it all weekend, limits the list of possible suspects dramatically), defecated all over the bathroom and made no attempt to clean it up. Sorry I didn't warn you before you read that btw. At first she denied it, then she said that she had told me and my response was that was ok (NEVER EVER would something like that be ok) then she said she was "afraid" to tell me. She isn't a little kid. She's 55 years old. My husband was mortified but bless his heart he cleaned it up for me. I don't understand how someone could behave like that. I get embarrassed if I pass gas in someone's bathroom, but that's just me but to defecate all over the bathroom and walk away????? She doesn't understand why I'm so upset. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! She also demanded to watch whatever she wanted on tv and was upset because we don't have cable ( we have Roku internet tv) I went out of my way to make her comfortable: plenty of blankets on the bed, a selection of personal care products, I bought the foods and drink she likes, I took her to a certain chain store that I personally cannot stand, I bought her paperback books by authors she likes, I made her an Easter basket, I deep cleaned to get all pet hair out of the house as she claims to be allergic to dogs and cats (I have 2 of each), I bought her Benadryl, I went crazy to make her stay pleasant and comfortable, that's just that kind of hostess I am and she thanks me by defecating all over the bathroom?!?!?! I just don't understand.

Thank you for letting me vent.

bunny28
04-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Wow that is unbelievable! It sounds like you were a gracious host. I hope this person is never invited or invites herself again to your place. Perhaps you should move and forget to give her the address....Or just pretend to move and send her a false forwarding address!

(I wouldn't really suggest those things but I hope they gave you a smile...and maybe tempted you for a minute or two!) ;)

SandyR
04-20-2011, 06:53 AM
what's that saying?....oh yeah...with friends like that, who needs enemies?

BTW - I'd be fuming! I'd probably have had a stroke from how mad that would have made me. The false forwarding address made me laugh!

Hunniebun
04-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Wow, how the heck can you poop all over the bathroom? I REALLY don't understand that at all. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that and I hope she never bothers you again.

rob
04-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, that sounds awful. I don't quite understand the whole bathroom thing. Incontinence maybe? I keep my place pretty clean, having someone like that around would drive me nuts.

Rob

Linda From Australia
04-20-2011, 03:35 PM
I am not sure what to say ...
Any guest I have uses the second bathroom which is the responsibility of my adult kids, so .... guess who would have the job of cleaning it up? My adult kids, payback from all the messes they made when they were younger!!!!

magistramarla
04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Wow, it sounds like your "friend" has some serious physical and mental problems.
Now it's time for you to just relax and let that visit just become a bad memory.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
04-20-2011, 10:02 PM
I think I would have to make sure next time she asked I would remind her of this time when explaining why she was no longer welcome in my home!

BonusMom
04-22-2011, 07:51 AM
Next time your "friend" wants to visit you, tell her that you'll be out of town.

Seriously, someone that defecates all over your bathroom and has such little regard for your home and possessions has a problem with the little green monster--envy. She's no "friend" and I would sever ties with her immediately.

ruziska
04-22-2011, 08:58 PM
I have indeed severed ties with her. I, instead of calling her, took the easy route and texted her about her behavior. At first she denied, then she admitted and then she made up excuses. I am DONE with that so called relationship. Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it!

giggle
04-23-2011, 04:23 AM
She would have had to do that on purpose! My parents are 55 and perfectly capable of looking after themselves and they have had hard lives and very serious illness. I think that lady has serious mental issues!