PDA

View Full Version : New to Lupus, just diagnosed!

Txredhead
04-18-2011, 04:19 AM
So glad to have this site. Actually a friend, Dawn, recommended it to me. I hope to absorb as much information as I can, and also support others. I love making new friends and learning how others cope. I look forward to meeting you all and making some great friends and support systems.

Linda From Australia
04-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Welcome to the site, we will be looking forward to getting to know you as well

steve.b
04-18-2011, 07:14 AM
welcome.
read lots and i too am looking forward to getting to know you.

tgal
04-18-2011, 09:00 AM
Hi there! We are so glad that you found us as well and decided to become a part of the WHL Family! Please make yourself at home. Feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. I look forward to getting to know you and am glad that you friend sent you to us!

Peridot20_Gem
04-18-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi and welcome to our lovely family of the WHL and it's lovely to have you with us.

There's alot of threads to help in so many ways and if you feel like venting and letting lose anything your going through, there's always someone on line.

~Hugs Terri~ x

Saysusie
04-18-2011, 10:52 PM
Hello and Welcome to our family :-) We are so happy that you are here and I truly hope that you will find our family to be one that is filled with the most caring, supportive, understanding, informative and loving people on the web.
Make yourself at home, browse around our forums and jump into any conversation that you'd like.
Again....Welcome

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
04-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Hi and Welcome! So glad to have you here with us, and also look forward to meeting you also.
Have a great day! ~Diane~

bunny28
04-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the site. I am newly diagnosed as well(2.5 months ago now, lol). What has helped me is to realize that Lupus affects us all differently but that we also have a lot in common. There are probably thoughts and emotions that you have had and thought you were the only one in the world who thought that way...Here you will find kindred spirits. Please try not think that everything that happens to others one here will happen to you too. Some of the stuff is pretty scary and I think it is great to share it here so that we can support one another. Just keep in mind that your experience with lupus may be different. Welcome and I hope you have a great experience here.

Txredhead
04-20-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks so much for the wonderful welcome! I truly appreciate all your welcomes and if I felt better I would write each one back, so forgive me for the "mass thank you". Dr. called with test results and the ANA test came back negative, but she said that can happen and still believes I have Lupus. So I am being sent to a Rhuemy for more poking and prodding, lol! Guess this will be an ongoing thing and I will keep you posted.
love and hugs from Texas,
Red

Linda From Australia
04-20-2011, 01:33 AM
What are your symptoms that made your or your doctor think that you have Lupus?

mdawncooper
04-20-2011, 07:10 PM
My first ANA was positive and my second ANA was negative. My doctor still believes I have enough symptoms that I have Lupus and I totally agree with her. Keep us posted and we are glad you are here.
Melanie

magistramarla
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Hi Red,
Welcome to WHL from another Texan (sort of). I lived in San Antonio for 17 years, but we recently made a military move to Ca. I'll be moving back there sometime in late 2012.
We're getting so many Texans, we'll need to have a get-together, ya'll.
Hugs,
Marla

Peridot20_Gem
04-21-2011, 04:51 PM
My first ANA was positive and my second ANA was negative. My doctor still believes I have enough symptoms that I have Lupus and I totally agree with her. Keep us posted and we are glad you are here.
MelanieHi Melaine,

It's best for you to see a rheumo so they can do alot more testing with the bloods, it does'nt always mean you have actual Lupus you could have an autoimmune disease and they do make the bloods fluctuate bad and can give off false readings when you do have something.

I wish you all the best with sorting it and a quick appointment. xxx

craftkeeper
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi and welcome to WHL. I am new to all this also and have found alot of support here. The folks are just great and always ready to help in any way. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Peridot20_Gem
05-07-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi Melaine,

How have you been feeling in yourself?? i hope your abit less pain free.

Terri xxx

Txredhead
05-08-2011, 01:18 AM
Peridot, Sent u a note on your page!

Peridot20_Gem
05-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Hello Txredhead,

Hows your pain now mate, i really hope your not suffering to much and the pains eased a little since you posted on my profile.

Wishing you a less painfree day. xxx