PDA

View Full Version : When i lie down my heels hurt so bad.

Angel Oliver
04-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Anyone got any ideas for me.Ive always had this but the last few days omg the pain is terrible.When i lie down in bed i have to put my legs on pillows to stop my achey legs n arms too.But my heels and toes ....ouch i cannot get comfy at all. They feel very achey but more bruised.Yet when i walk theyre not too bad,just tring to sleep in bed with them.Wish we could detach them at times,put them in a bowl of hot water,then reattach them in the morning...well when i sleep n wake should i say lol.

Amanda.xxxx

P.s hope noone is offeneded by my avatar,if you are i will change it.xxxx

tgal
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Not offended by the Avatar at all! We have to keep our sense of humor! (or humour as the folks across the pond like to say)

Nonna
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I like the avatar; as for the question....
I have some questions for you
first when you're standing are your feet ok
second when you lay down and your weight is off your feet and legs, do they just hurt or what

nonna

SandyR
04-15-2011, 06:50 AM
cheeky little guy. Love it!

just a thought...don't know if this will apply to you, but here's what happened to me with a problem like this.
I had an issue like this several years back but it was a culmulating thing of not listening to the pain when I woke then when I stood then when I walked and so on for months. I had seen a bunch of docs - nothing physical. Finally got to a point I literally couldn't get out of bed one day for work and finally went to see a chiropractor at the recommendation of a friend. She took some xrays - no physical manifestations but I was very out of alignment. Talking with her we traced the pain back 2 years prior to a car accident where I was rear-ended while stopped and the other guy was going about 40-50mph. After the first adjustment I finally had a night where I could sleep pain free. It took about a year and a half of regular adjustments and now I go about once every three weeks but I finally feel great! At least at the soles of my feet. LOL.

ladybugs mommy
04-17-2011, 04:49 PM
hi amanda, i have something similar, but it's not just my heels, my ankles hurt too. it's crazy, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with how much i'm standing. lately, it's been moving up my legs and now my hips hurt terribly.

i hope you can figure out what it is and share it with us. good luck :)

GoodDog
04-17-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes, I have it in my toes and heels very bad. I can't even have a sheet on them when they're in a flare. Doc said it's neuropathy.

Linda From Australia
04-18-2011, 12:32 AM
What is neuropathy?

SandyR
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
What is neuropathy?

Damage to your Nervous System, usually referring to the Peripheral Nervous System, and very common with certain diseases such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrom and Diabetes. The WebMD definition. (http://www.webmd.com/brain/understanding-peripheral-neuropathy-basics)

steve.b
04-18-2011, 07:09 AM
i to have heal pain.
it is not related to how long i am on my feet.
the degree of pain changes depending on my mental state and general condition.
being exhausted due to mental or physical overwork im my main contributing factor.

Angel Oliver
04-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Wow everyone thanks so much for your replies.

I get the usual aches n pains on standing or walking,but at night,lying down its when i place my feet on the bed omg the outside of the heels hurt sooooooooo bad and my toes.Yet my toes are numb most of the time,yet the pain from lying my feet sidways also hurts them.Ive had my legs on pillows so my feet are on the pillows.I wake with a cat on either side of the pillows and a dog on one pillow hahahaha.Its not so much the walking on them,but that pain is different.Its like they feel so bruised or something,ive had no injury that i can remember.Sorry you all have it too....thanks for the replies n caring.
lots of love.xxxxx

Oluwa
04-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Restless Leg Syndrome...can affect the arms too. Ask for Requip from your Dr. (I have it) If not RLS, then is is apart of Fibro, ME or CFS. OX

GoodDog
04-18-2011, 06:58 PM
When this is flaring I can't even let my feet touch the sheet. I have to put them on pillows and have them dangling in the air. Nothing can touch them on top or on the bottom. Air is the only thing I can handle. Even if I move them it hurts and yes, this is only when laying down not when walking (different pain then). It still hurts bad when it's not flaring but not as sensitive. I also can't bend my toes up or down at night. I can do it during the day but the more I do it the less I can do it at night. It feels tight under the toes. I wondered if it wasn't scleraderma but my doctor didn't think so. It's strange because they aren't painful to touch them, but if I step on a tiny piece of kitty litter with my big toes it sends horrible pains up my foot. I think that's why the doctor said peripheral neuropathy.

Nonna
04-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Another medicine to ask about is Mirapex. They also perscibe it for RLS. And ask about a muscle relaxer.
Hugs

Angel Oliver
04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks so much i will ask,when i get the courage to call him again lol.Also,i didnt know that....when i walk my heels do hurt hahhaha i found out when i wore my flat sandals.Tonight my left heel hurts like hell.Thanks so much everyone.
lots of love.xxxx

Linda From Australia
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Could it be heel spurs? I will copy and paste some information for you. Perhaps it isn't heel spurs, but someone may be suffering the same symptoms:
http://www.footlogics.com.au/heel-spurs-relief-treatment.html There is a more comprehensive explanation on the web site, I have included the summary below

Summary:
Definition: Heel Spur (Calcaneal spur)
Symptoms: sharp pain in the heel with first steps in the morning or after resting, subsiding to dull ache
Causes: inflammation of the Plantar Fascia as a result of over-pronation
Treatment: orthotic insoles to correct pronation; special exercises; rest/reduced activity

Angel Oliver
04-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks Linda.Im lay here now and its hurting lol gonna put them on the pillows.I will have a read...thanks.xxxxxx