PDA

View Full Version : More Hoop la

craftkeeper
04-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I didn't know how else to title it. LOL. Being a homeschool mom i spend quite a bit of time at the Library. Yesterday i came across a book, which i will not mention the title, that looked like something Rob would have a field day with. At first i thought it was just about the causes of Autoimmune problems so on. As i thumbed through it i figured out pretty quickly that it was one of the heal all sickness with diet books. I found one chapter that said each blood type had to eat different foods and remove bad foods from their diet to be able to do this. For my blood type O Pos the good food list included ostrich and goat as perfect meats but the bad list said one of the worst possible things we with immune problems could eat was Turtle. Well now that just pissed me off because now what am i supposed to do with this freezer full of Turtle?

tgal
04-13-2011, 07:03 PM
LOL You are funny! As many home school parents as there are here pretty soon someone will say that Home Schooling is the cause of AI diseases!

craftkeeper
04-13-2011, 07:13 PM
LOL you are so right. Most of my friends and relatives constantly are after me because it's not something they would do. The theory they have is she needs to be with other children, it's not good for her. More then likely one of them will blame my AI's on it. I bet they all ate to much turtle,dont you?

adl011
04-13-2011, 07:56 PM
I know exactly what book you are talking about! My husbands aunt bought it and sent it to me. She's convinced I can "cure" my lupus with my diet. And she's a dr! She is an internal medicine doc. It's so frustrating.

red246
04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
That must be it! Whatever will I eat if I can't eat turtle? I'll go through withdrawal! Don't you just love how other people know what is best for your children? My step-mom, who has never had children, is the worst one! "What qualifies you to teach them?" OMGosh! I have sent her reports/studies that have been done on home schooling - I doubt she ever even read them!

tgal
04-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I have a friend whose daughter had "something that made her ill for 3 years". Went to every hospital and even the Mayo Clinic. For 2 of those years she was basically bedridden from fatigue. Mayo said it sounded like autoimmune but it couldn't be confirmed. They found "The anti inflammation diet" and after about a year she is 90% back to normal. They have sent me this "Dr's" information and the diet itself. They swear it will cure me. yeah, I have heard that before

rob
04-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Oh no,

I grew up on turtle burgers. And my Mom's turtle taco's have been a family favorite for decades. Then there's the teriyaki turtle I love so much. To know now that I can never eat them again...

This is a crushing blow.

ruziska
04-13-2011, 08:52 PM
what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Can you still watch them, or will there be some ill effect from that as well?

Nonna
04-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the laugh, wish I had something funny to say...... But my minds not working
hugs

Toradoradi
04-14-2011, 04:00 AM
LOL you are so right. Most of my friends and relatives constantly are after me because it's not something they would do. The theory they have is she needs to be with other children, it's not good for her. More then likely one of them will blame my AI's on it. I bet they all ate to much turtle,dont you?

My mom homeschooled me my whole life and I turned out mostly normal...I'm even socialized and interact well with other people... Who would have though... Lol

I ate a steady diet of ostrich growing up though and that didn't seem to work out so well for me... I still have lupus. Damn my luck...It must have been my the wrong food for my blood type.. If only I had known.

SandyR
04-14-2011, 06:43 AM
This cracked me up - thanks for the laugh! I have a friend who I call turtle when she is being a little snippy (because turtles snap ya know) and we have a joke that this is a turtle free zone here or that it's not turtle time right now. Good to know I was subconsciously being so health conscious. LOL. Guess I'm going to have to add ostrich to my market list. Wonder if I should call ahead and special order it...

craftkeeper
04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Hey Guys, There are some folks that live about a mile down the road from me that own 2 alpaca's, one Emu ,one Peacock and a monkey. Sometimes the monkey escapes from his cage and he has to be lured back in with a pepsi. Did someone say buffet? {Just kidding guys, we actually love all of our animals}

Yeah we homeschoolers get quite a bit of hack,but i wouldn't be a bit afraid to put my fourth grader up agaisn't any her age. She is very outgoing and makes friends quickly. When we venture out to shop she's the little girl that holds the doors open for any elderly people and is polite to all. If she gets into trouble all we have to do is threaten to take away her reading time. Yep believe it or not that is the worse punishment we could give her. She loves to read. Both of my girls are like that. I just wish i could have home schooled my oldest. She is 32 now and a R.N. I am very proud of both my girls.

steve.b
04-18-2011, 06:01 AM
good to hear the turtles are safe................but leave nanna alone too

Linda From Australia
06-04-2011, 05:57 AM
the bad list said one of the worst possible things we with immune problems could eat was Turtle.

Well this really makes sense to me. You know the saying "You are what you eat" Well, if you eat turtle, you will be like a turtle, you know, walk extremely slow ...

Give it some time, you will slowly get it

lovedbyHim
06-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Oh my gosh I needed this laugh today! There have been an awful lot of dead turtles on the side of the road lately. Here I could have been making turtle burgers! Lol! I homeschooled my son. Maybe that's why I game SLE! Lol

tgal
06-04-2011, 09:14 AM
Oh my gosh I needed this laugh today! There have been an awful lot of dead turtles on the side of the road lately. Here I could have been making turtle burgers! Lol! I homeschooled my son. Maybe that's why I game SLE! Lol

LOL You will NEVER see a turtle the same!! Speaking of a laugh, I am going to bump up the thread about brain fog since there are several new people here. If you need a laugh just start reading it. They are true stories but you can't help but laugh!