PDA

View Full Version : Very Scared

JillP
04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
I just got my results back from ANA plus additional testing. ANA titer was 1:40 and all the additional tests such as double strand dna, sjorgens etc..... where completely negative. The only symptom of LUPUS I have is a dry eye. I am very scared. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Angel Oliver
04-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi Jill,
You are in the best place so please try not to be scrared.I also have Sjogrens which causes the dry eyes and according to my blood tests i should be wonder woman hahahaha,so you are not alone.Just keep posting and ask any questions we are here for you.You can have Lupus with the negative tests,but even for me mine is negative....the lupus is a word ive been told to forget lol....some doctors are hard work.Hang in there.
love
Amanda.xxxx

JillP
04-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks Amanda. Did you test positive for Sjorgrens?

tgal
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi Jill!

I am tired tonight and I have great brain fog so please ignore this if it is a stupid question. What are you scared of? Do you feel bad but can't find out what is wrong? Do you feel good but now they are testing you for Lupus? As I said, it is most likely my brain fog but fill in a little please!

JillP
04-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Mari,

I am scared because it's a disease. I am scared because I have a EXTREME fear of dying. It's fear of the unknown etc....

rob
04-13-2011, 02:21 AM
Hi JillP,

Welcome to WHL. You mentioned that you have dry eyes, but no other symptoms that you think are from Lupus. What other sorts of symptoms have you been experiencing? What was it that first triggered your concern and caused you to see your Dr. to have the tests done? Try not to be scared. We'll do what we can to help you find the answers you need.

Rob

tgal
04-13-2011, 08:33 AM
JillI didn't mean to imply I didn't understand the being scared I was simply trying to figure out if you had been feeling bad and that is what scared you or if it was just the test results and what they COULD mean. Rob actually asked them much better then I did. As I said, brain fog and I are not communicating well now. I do understand fear we just want to answer the question that you are asking.

Once you answer Rob I will better know how to answer your question. I am sorry if I upset you with my last question. It wasn't you it was my brain not working well

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
04-14-2011, 04:35 AM
Hello Jillp,
And welcome to WHL, I have lot's of the symptoms of lupus and sjogrens but most of my lupus test except i have a high ana come back, and all my test even a lip biopsy for sjogrens came back negative, but i have all the physical symptoms of sjogrens dry eye, just had perm tear duct plugs put in my eyes to help the painfull dry eyes. And several rumatologist and neurologist
have diagnosed me with lupus and sjogrens.
Please try not to be scared there are medicines they can give you to help get it under controll.
And there are lot of wonderful people here with lupus ,sjogrens and other overlapping autoammuine diseases that will be more than glad to help best they can with any questions you may have. ~Diane~

Angel Oliver
04-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Its a long story but at first they thought Lupus,then back to an illness called M.E back to lupus,the dx with Srogrens now back to M.E & Srogrens,Raynards,Asthma,IBS,acid reflux and migraine,think thats everything.Very complicated to get the correct dx in my experience depends on the doctors attitude to the word Listening!!Please dont be scared.Srogrens can be controlled with meds,eye drops,nasal ointment n sprays,rest and all of chatting here,so you are in the best place for info.Just take it slow and enjoy making new friends here,like i have.They are all amazing people.
lots of love
Amanda.xxxxx