PDA

View Full Version : New and Looking for Answers

mdawncooper
04-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I have no idea where to start. I have been dealing with lots of health issues this year. I am constantly sick and if I am not sick I am hurting. I am going to be 49 on Sunday and really don't think I am old enough to be experiencing lots of joint pain, illness over half of the time and exhaustion. I recently went to my GP and told him that I just didn't feel good. He is an awesome doctor and immediately began trying to find out what was going on. I was also having lots of stomach trouble on top of everything else. One test indicated that I had sludge in my gall bladder and one day later I was having surgery. I am so glad because now I am finally not nauseated all the time. He also ran lots of bloodwork and found that I had a positive ANA. He sent me on to a Rheumatologist since I was having so much joint pain. That was a DISASTER. The lady was plenty nice enough but immediately told me that although I had lots of symptoms there was nothing there for her to get excited about. She then proceeded to tell me that more exercise would help and that I was way too healthy to have any major issues like Lupus, Rheumatory Arthritis and something else that I can't remember. She pretty well told me before I left to not expect anything. Today I get a call from her office that told me everything was normal and my ANA was no longer positive and unless I had any further issues there was no need to come back. Of course they didn't ask me if I was still having issues. Fortunately I have an appointment with a different rheumatologist in mid May who is supposed to listen much better. Things are really weird right now including the fact that right after I left the doctors office and got all of the blood done I came down with what appeared to be Strep. The doctor at ER ran a strep screen and said he said it was tonsilitis but when I went to my regular doctor he said there was no way that it could not be strep. So there we have it. What on earth is wrong and it is so hard to wait for answers? I look forward to getting to know all of you.

rob
04-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi Mdawn,

Welcome to WHL. I left you a response in your symptoms thread. I hope we can help you find the answers you need.

Rob

steve.b
04-06-2011, 06:26 AM
at the moment i cannot offer advise, but i do offer a friendly ear.

welcome to our lupy family.

Peridot20_Gem
04-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Hi Mdawn,

Welcome to our family of the WHL and it's lovely to have you with us.

It sounds like you've got a great GP like myself but a crap rheumo, which is'nt uncommon with alot of us. I hope the new Rheumo delves abit more into your situation because what your feeling is'nt right one bit.

For your ANA reading to come in positive and then negative you could have an autoimmune disease going on but i do wish you all the best with your new rheumo and hopefully extended tests will be done to diagnose your problem.

Terri x