PDA

View Full Version : Still not sleeping

ritzbit
04-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I've given this Trazadone a few weeks and I'm still not sleeping half the time. I've already gone up on it twice and don't think going up on it more is going to help anyway. I fall asleep just fine but staying asleep is the problem. I get, if I'm luck, 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. Its taking a toll on me. Still can't think straight and feel groggy all day. I stilll can't get almost any work done in school and its getting on my nerves. Its been a week and my doctor STILL has not faxed the home bound and 504 plan papers to my school when both I and my counselor have been calling and reminding her. I'm so mad because the nurse said the social worker woman had everything filled out A WEEK AGO, but the parts my doctor needed to specify and sign were not finished. I'm sure that could not take that long and she could have gotten it done by now. I need the home bound and 504 plan so I can get caught up on both school and hopefully sleep. Though without the sleep the school aspect is almost impossible right now. I feel like I've worked hard for 4 years only to have everything thrown out the window in my last two months. Very unfair.

SandyR
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Can you go to the doctor's office with the papers and get them signed? I find that's usually the quickest way is to just walk in with the forms.

ritzbit
04-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I did. But there was a lot to fill out. So they were supposed to fax them to my school like the very next day and never did. Its very frustrating.

ritzbit
04-07-2011, 07:03 AM
While I am still not sleeping almost at all, we finally got somewhere with the school papers. My doctor FINALLY sent the papers too school. But apparently my guidance couselors are fighting with the District to get me approved now for home bound. They aren't approving half days anymore, when as far as we knew 2 weeks ago they were. WHAT THE HECK. So now thats another thing to worry about. My left knee hurts reaallly bad today and I dont know why. My "mood swings" I guess you would call them aren't much better either. Still all emotional. Get mad easy, get sad easy, get aggravated easy, and I go back and forth all the time. Its kind of draining me, and I feel like people are getting annoyed with me because I "should be getting back to normal". =(

SandyR
04-07-2011, 07:21 AM
It might be best to schedule an appointment directly with the superintendent or to attend a school board meeting. This might be the fastest way to resolve the issue. You'll need your mom to go and your medical records and if you were hobbling or wheeling in that wouldn't hurt either. If you do that, be sure to read up on the ADA laws as these people are all well versed in them and the loopholes within them. If you have to fight for what is rightfully your right as a student at that school in that state, don't give up. Sorry that you have to jump through all these hoops and I know I keep telling you this but it's really much better that you are doing this now than later.

ritzbit
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
My counselors are fighting to get me approved and I hope what they have to say and my records will be enough to get me approved. I'm obviously not a kid who's "abusing" the system which is why they changed the rules for half days. I'm an AP student who never misses school unless I'm sick, which I am alot lately. Its stupid. My counselor is going out of town tomorrow but said she'll still be making some calls and taking to people for me if they call her =) she has been SOOOO helpful the past few weeks. It shouldn't be something I have to fight for. For whatever reason my knee was acting back up today so I had to limp around all day because I didnt want to leave. It was one of those days where everyone even people I dont know were asking if I was ok. It feels like something is grinding in my knee. Not pleasant.

SandyR
04-08-2011, 06:34 AM
how's your knee today?

you're right - you shouldn't *have* to fight for it. Unfortunately so often we do have to fight for what is rightfully ours. Look at Mari and her SS Disability for example. It sucks, but I'm really proud of you for how far you have come on this journey and how mature you are now and are still becoming. I know it's been hard but you are doing a really great job at being your own advocate. *stands up and claps*

Bonita
04-08-2011, 08:22 AM
I have given up trying to get a good nights sleep and i refuse to take anymore meds i will just survive on 3-4 or more hours of sleep and then feel like something the dog druagged in Bonita

ritzbit
04-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Thats how I feel. But I'm soo tired of being tired. And my knee is a little better but still actin up today. Its just my left one.

As far as the school stuff its all just frustrating. I refuse to have them blow me off and not do what I need to be done for only 6 more weeks of school. If they can help me through that then I'm done and out of this place and off to college.