PDA

View Full Version : Disabilty APPROVED!

tgal
03-29-2011, 08:52 AM
It took a year but today I was APPROVED for SS! As of this moment SSI (which covers medicaid until my medicare starts in two years) is still pending but at least I know we no longer have to live on $300 a month!!

Thanks to all of you that have kept me sane during this past year. I love each and every one of you!

ritzbit
03-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Thats great =) good news is always wonderful. I'm glad you have one less thing to worry about!

chikititalinda
03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Im glad for you : )

GoodDog
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
YEA Mari!!!! What a relief!! I'm so glad you can finally get the care you need and not have to worry as much. Living on SSA is hard but it's doable and knowing how much you'll have every month really does remove a lot of stress.

rob
03-29-2011, 03:16 PM
It's been a long time coming Mari. Finally! I am so happy to hear this!

Rob

tgal
03-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone! I took my daughter to the doctor today and for the first time I wasn't freaking out because I had to use that 25 bucks! I am still waiting to find out about the Medicaid and SSI which will give me some insurance type of coverage but I got this victory and I am going to enjoy it today!

red246
03-29-2011, 03:36 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!! Honey, I am soooo happy for you!!!!!!!! Thank you God!!!! You just put a smile on my face for the rest of the day! (((HUGS)))

amethystchic
03-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!!

tgal
03-29-2011, 04:31 PM
WOOHOO!!!!!!!! HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!! Honey, I am soooo happy for you!!!!!!!! Thank you God!!!! You just put a smile on my face for the rest of the day! (((HUGS)))

After a bit of crying and dancing around I begin to think about the medicaid/medicare and then my niece, the one that has helped me through all of this, said the best thing in the world. "allow yourself to enjoy this victory. You earned it. Start worrying about the rest of it a week from now if you have to but today, enjoy the moment"

That is what I am doing. I am enjoying the moment!

Linda From Australia
03-29-2011, 07:55 PM
This is such FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!

I have no idea how you guys cope over in the US. At least now that is one more thing you don't need to worry about

magistramarla
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Mari,
What wonderful news! After living on so little for so long, it has to be a relief to have a bit more money! I'm so happy for you!
Hugs,
Marla

debbie-b
03-30-2011, 03:55 AM
Hi Mari,

I am so happy for you. You must feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted of your shoulders.

Debbie

tiggerlishus - Heidi
03-30-2011, 04:22 AM
WOOHOOOOO yay thats fantastic new congrats tgal xxxxx

steve.b
03-30-2011, 04:42 AM
"allow yourself to enjoy this victory. You earned it. Start worrying about the rest of it a week from now if you have to but today, enjoy the moment"

that is the best news ever.

ENJOY you deserve it.

BonusMom
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
It's about *bleeping* time! Congrats, Mari!

SandyR
03-30-2011, 01:40 PM
Congratulations!!!!

Now that I finally saw this post I can properly congratulate you. (((Big hugs)))

cptnblah
03-30-2011, 03:47 PM
Congrts. Nice to see someone with good news for a change!!!!!

tgal
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Well today I got the rest of the information. They are now confirming that I have been disabled since last April so retroactively they are giving me Medicaid and will pay all the bills since last May. Now for the twist. My medicaid will end the day that I receive my first SS/Dis check because at that time (approximately April) I will make too much money to be on SSI/Medicaid! So let's get this straid... They didn't approve me when I needed docs and meds but had no money but now that I have a little more money I can't have it again?

Gotta love the government!

SandyR
03-31-2011, 01:12 PM
And the governmental loophole shows itself once more....figures there would be some sort of a catch. Better to have some than none, right?

tgal
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
And the governmental loophole shows itself once more....figures there would be some sort of a catch. Better to have some than none, right?

Absolutely! I just had to share.

Hunniebun
04-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Dropped in to give my congrats as well!

Also...Um...So they won't pay for you medical now? I don't understand how it works in the US. I am on disability too, and all my perscriptions and doctor visits, surgeries, dental, everything is all covered by them.

tgal
04-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Dropped in to give my congrats as well!

Also...Um...So they won't pay for you medical now? I don't understand how it works in the US. I am on disability too, and all my perscriptions and doctor visits, surgeries, dental, everything is all covered by them.

Nope! They said that I did qualify when I made $300 a month so they are going to pay all the back bills but now that I get SS I make too much. If I am on disability for 2 years then I will qualify for Medicare which is mostly for elderly people and they will then pay 80%. I did receive a letter today that told me that there is now a insurance plan that I can join that doesn't disqualify you if you have a pre existing condition. The catch? It is almost 600 a month LOL. I think not

Colleenc
04-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Soooo Happy for you!!! I would do the happy dance, but I need a new hip ASAP!!!

Congrats!!!

tgal
04-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Soooo Happy for you!!! I would do the happy dance, but I need a new hip ASAP!!!

Congrats!!!

LOL at the hip comment! I simply adore all of you!

magistramarla
04-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Mari,
Yes, it's really sad how the government is always thinking up loopholes to keep from helping the people who most need help.
Go to CNN and read what the GOP is proposing to do to Medicare and Medicaid.
They want to turn Medicare over to private insurance using vouchers and to hand all Medicaid money over to the states as block grants for state governments to administer.
Could you imagine what would happen with that where you live?
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
04-03-2011, 07:31 AM
That would be a nightmare in Texas! They already administer the Disability thing and look how well they are doing with it! (NOT)

slim
04-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Congrats on finally getting your disability approved, and as your niece said enjoy the victory. As for the medicaid part keep fighting. We will always have medical bills so why stress whats out of are control. congrats. slim

Angel Oliver
04-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Oh i am so happy to read this Mari.Well done you!!
lots of love.xxxxx

Peridot20_Gem
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Mari,

I'm late on this thread of yours sorry mate, a large "CONGRATUALTIONS" as you've worked so hard to get it.

((Hugs Terri)) xxxx