PDA

View Full Version : My new Avatar

craftkeeper
03-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Hey all, i finally figured out how to get a Avatar on here. The little Trick or Treater fellow you see in the picture is a new polymer clay piece i just finished. I usually do all of my dolls in fabric, so he was a first for me. Puppen clay is very hard for me to work with because my fingers hurt, but it's so pretty after you finish. I think i will get a pair of those crafters fingerless gloves that are supposed to keep down aches and try it again.

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
03-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi Craftkeeper,
hope you are doing well, You did a very good job on your clay doll!! T he face is very good!!
good avatar, I love to arrange live and silk flowers for my craft, on mostly drift wood or vases
I just plane love doing it. Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Diane~

craftkeeper
03-28-2011, 05:09 AM
Hi Diane and thanks. I love driftwood, i have one great big odd piece that has a perfect hole in the middle and all i have to do is change the flowers for the season. I have a friend who owns a hugh set of wind chimes that were crafted by a family member from pieces of driftwood and shells. It is beautiful... Have a great day.

rob
03-28-2011, 05:29 AM
Cool, I like it!

tgal
03-28-2011, 05:52 AM
I love that! I can't believe you made it! I am not crafty at all!!

craftkeeper
03-28-2011, 06:12 AM
Aw thanks guys i'm blushing..I used him because he's kind of a cheery little piece. I do the primitive and vintage style halloween most of the time. Ever so often i have to do a real dreary dark something to cheer myself up. Lol. As soon as i can build up the energy i will be starting a life size hanging vampire for our haunt this year. There's a couple of fellows that have a site called the "Terror Syndicate" that we get some haunt ideas from.. They are really good,check out their site sometime. For larger handmade props they are amazing. This is what my home looks like year round.

rob
03-28-2011, 06:38 AM
You would like my model/toy room Craftkeeper. I have a bunch of old Aurora brand model kits I've put together over the years of horror movie classics. They are mostly 1/12 scale figures. I have The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Frankenstein, a French Revolution Guillotine, a model of Poe's "Pendulum", and old diorama called "The Witch". Then I have a couple of modern resin-cast figures I've built-Nosferatu, the "Terminator" endoskeleton, and my favorites- Ripley, Bishop, and the Queen Alien from the movie Aliens. I'm a Sci-fi and horror fanatic basically. It's great fun. Anyway, I like your new figure in your avatar, nice workmanship!

Rob

SandyR
03-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Very cool, Craftkeeper! I can't wait to see pics of your house all tricked out for haunting treats! I'm a craft person too but I like to work with cross-stitch, crochets, quilting type crafts. I can't cross-stitch the way I used to but I still love it.

magistramarla
03-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Love it, Craftkeeper!
I enjoy Halloween, too. I've decorated both Halloweens that we have lived here, but we had only one family stop by in 2009 and none at all in 2010.
The crafts that I enjoy are crocheting a baby blanket for each new grandbaby and decorating cakes. I've even done a few wedding cakes.
Hugs,
Marla