PDA

View Full Version : Hot Flashes and Night Sweats

lovehubby
03-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Ok hear is my question. I hear alot of people here on WHL mention hot flashes and night sweats which I have both. I always thought it was my menopause but if so I have been doing it a very very long time. But what i want to know is this part of my Lupus? And how many of you go through these hot flashes and nigt sweats?

Bonita
03-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Be fore i was diagnosised i was totally drenched from them and when i go onto a flare they are there again another present from the lupus fairy. Bonita

ritzbit
03-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Me! And Im only 18 so I know mine aren't menopause lol

tgal
03-25-2011, 08:40 PM
I went through medical menopause almost 16 years ago. I stay hot but no night sweats anymore Thank goodness!

magistramarla
03-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Yes, I spend every night alternating between freezing and being drenched in sweat. I'm 53, so I don't know how much is peri-menopause, how much is from the AI disease or how much is from that blasted Tempurpedic foam that my husband put on the bed for his bad back - he loves it and I hate it.
I can predict the times that I will wake up - always between 90 minutes and 2 hours after I go to sleep. I've read that 90 minutes is a normal sleep cycle, so I wake up between each cycle and stay awake at least a half hour each time.
This is no way to get a night's rest!
Hugs,
Marla

steve.b
03-25-2011, 11:27 PM
being male, i hope my sweats are not menopausal.
yes i get them, day and night.

lovehubby
03-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks Steve and thank God you are not menopausal LOL

Southshore
03-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Hello - Do you think it is the prednisone? I think mine are personally,, and I think others may have commented on this in the past. I woke right up from them the other night and it was awful!

tgal
03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
I think mine may be the steroids as well as gaining weight. As I said I don't have hot flashes but I STAY hot. During the winter we didn't have our heat come on unless it got below 50! Thank goodness my daughter likes it cold as well

lovehubby
03-26-2011, 05:49 PM
I am not on steroids and I have been off of the plaquenil for a couple of months do to side effects I know that part is menopause but not all the time.

Peridot20_Gem
03-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Michele,

I'm 42 as you know and my GP as tested me 3 times for the menopaus and they've all come back negative and it's down to the Lupus which is another bonus as perusual and being on the plaquenil i've found can make them abit worse but i do know one thing my temper don't half flare with it, so it's another added addition mate to everything else.

SandyR
03-28-2011, 06:45 AM
I get bad night sweats and hot flashes. I was told long ago it's common in AI diseases because in the process of the body attacking itself it no longer knows how to self regulate systems, including it's internal thermostat. Night sweats and insomnia were amongst my first and strongest signs of something going on.