PDA

View Full Version : Was having a cup of hot chocolate...

Toradoradi
03-24-2011, 09:54 PM
So I bought this Swiss miss hot chocolate with colored marshmallows in it and I was super excited about it because, let's face it, colored marshmallows are awesome. I'm strange I know, but it made me happy. Anyways I made a cup the other day and drank some and didn't read the ingredients because well, its hot chocolate and who thinks twice about what's in it. But today as I went to make a cup I read the ingredient list on the box and who would have guessed but there was ascorbic acid in it... Which I have discovered in the last year I cannot have what's so ever because it brings on the worst, of what I'm assuming is lupus, flare of my life. Anytime I consume it I ache all over and feel awful for a bit, if I have to much of it all of my joints swell, I'm severly tired, my skin itches, I'm really thirsty, I'm freezing... Almost like my body is going into shock and renal failure. I've never had this problem before last year and all of a sudden I have to watch everything I eat and drink in case it has ascorbic acid in it. And some of the weirdest things have it in it so I constantly have to read the labels. Anyways I was just annoyed that the hot choc I bought had it in it because now I can't drink it anymore... The life and trials of a lupie is sad sometimes.

lovehubby
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I am so sorry that this little pleasure of drinking that hot choc. is taken away from you I am learning why they have T-shirts that say Lupus sucks!

steve.b
03-25-2011, 01:55 AM
check out other brands, not all use it.

Toradoradi
03-25-2011, 03:43 AM
check out other brands, not all use it.

I know... But this one is the only one that had awesome colored marshmallows in it... You can see my delimma... The other hot choc just isn't as cool.

rob
03-25-2011, 04:39 AM
I know... But this one is the only one that had awesome colored marshmallows in it... You can see my delimma... The other hot choc just isn't as cool.

Better stay away from Lucky Charms...

bunny28
03-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Can you buy colored marshmellows separately that don't have it and then add as many as you want???? :) Might even taste better...but I guess this doesn't work if the marshmellows are the problem...I am going to read my labels now for you!

Sorry about the little pleasures gone bad. I would miss that too.

Toradoradi
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's the hot chocolate mix and not the marshmallows themselves. I can't have alot of premixed drinks at all I always have to be careful of that since they add so much stuff to them. I just didn't think about the hot choc and I don't usually buy that brand. So I could probably just get colored marshmallows and put them in a different hot choc. Lol I actually ate all the packets of marshmallows yesterday after I found that out just to be spiteful haha, they happened to be in separate bags then the choc mix lol.

tgal
03-25-2011, 12:04 PM
I am so sorry that this little pleasure of drinking that hot choc. is taken away from you I am learning why they have T-shirts that say Lupus sucks!

lol There are shirts like that! I want one

tgal
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM

ok I am discovering how very cute you are! My daughter is a lot like you. In 10th grade and takes coloring books to school.

@ Rob- LOL about lucky charms

bunny28
03-25-2011, 12:31 PM
So I could probably just get colored marshmallows and put them in a different hot choc. Lol I actually ate all the packets of marshmallows yesterday after I found that out just to be spiteful haha, they happened to be in separate bags then the choc mix lol.

I love that you add the marshmellows! Sorry you can't have the COOL drink!

Colleenc
03-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I wish we could LIKE (like facebook) posts and comments. So that I could LIKE the t-shirt one.

magistramarla
03-25-2011, 11:00 PM
How about adding the marshmallows to Ovaltine? That's what I gave my kids and grandkids.
Hugs,
Marla