PDA

View Full Version : New symptoms, feedback needed

adl011
03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey guys, first off please forgive the choppiness of the symptom list. I made it on my phone to remind me for when I go to the dr. Im not sure when im going yet, because I had to get a referral to get in to see him, and then my gp will call me in a couple of days with the appointment time. Okay, here's the list. Let me know what you guys think. This is really just to see if anyone else has some of the same problems.
New stuff
*vibrations in arms, legs, hands, feet, almost like tingling from numbness, but it feels like I'm holding something that vibrates on the inside. Very, very painful. Doesn't happen all the time, but at least once a day in different parts of the body.
*skin crawling in hands, feet, and legs. Feels as if a bug is crawling on me, but there isn't one on me.
*constant, loud, ringing in both ears
*pressure and fullness feeling in ears
*joint pain, severe, mainly left knee, hips, hands, left ankle, feet, elbows, right shoulder--very stiff joints, even more pain when moving them, swelling, and tenderness, constant pain, but worse when moving.
*muscle pain, also severe. Lower back, calves, thighs, both arms, neck
*bone pain, spine (my entire spine radiates pain), both shins (feels like the muscle is constantly pulling away from the bone), hips, left femur, both forearms, facial bones
*fatigue and weakness, no energy, even after hours of sleep I'm exhausted, it's difficult to get through my daily activities
*muscle spasms in back and legs, very painful and last 20-30 minutes
*rash on face and upper arms, sometimes on thighs and butt
*hair loss, falls out in clumps all the time
*hair is very coarse and brittle
*skin is very dry and flaky
*constipation, 7-10 days between bowel movements
*weight gain and no weight loss even though I've been dieting.
*unexplained bruises
*can only walk a few minutes at time without taking a break to sit. My shins, calves, and knees, front and back, feel as if they are on fire and burning from the inside out. I must sit down to get the pain to subside. A similar thing happens in my lowerback at the same time, but it is mostly on the right sudejyst above my hip up to my shoulder blade. It feels tingly and vibration feeling with pinching pain.
*sometimes it's as if my brain isn't telling my feet what to do. My feet almost forget to pick themselves up when I'm walking and I stumble. My feet, but especially my right one drag and it trips me
* I have difficulty picking things up at times. My hands wont close around the item or its as if a small object is too heavy and I drop it or nearly drop it.
*severe memory and concentration issues. Brain fog.

Okay, im sure I forgot somethings, but these are the new and/or the symptoms that bother me the most on a daily basis.

Thanks and God bless,
Amanda

lovehubby
03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
have they ever tested you for a thyroid issue? some of your symptoms sound like under active thyroid.

ritzbit
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
It sounds like you are definitely flaring. I have had that vibrating feeling lately also. I really hope you can get in soon to be looked at! Are you on any medicine right now? I hope you start feeling better soon!

Hugs

tgal
03-23-2011, 07:11 PM
It is great that you are keeping the list handy. Let us know how it goes!

adl011
03-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I had my thyroid levels checked 2 weeks ago, and my gp said they were normal. No meds at the moment except new high blood pressure meds started 2 weeks ago.

Bonita
03-24-2011, 05:13 AM
Could you possibly have polyomyositis? Bonita

adl011
03-24-2011, 07:04 AM
Im not sure, but after reading the symptoms of it, it seems like it could for.

magistramarla
03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
That list is almost identical to mine.
My first AI issue was Meniere's, which is an inner ear disorder that causes those ringing noises and full feeling in the ears, along with vertigo. My rheumy also called it Autoimmune Inner Ear Disorder.
Hugs,
Marla

Saysusie
03-24-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi Amanda :-)
It actually sounds as if you have more than one issue occurring simultaneously and they all could be auto-immune issues. I was going to mention Meniere's, but I see that Marla has already mentioned this as a possibility. Given the fact that your thyroid tests were normal, it is probably a good idea for your doctors to test for more than one thing. The problem with auto-immune diseases is that they very rarely travel alone and many of us suffer from more than one disease at the same time.
You are doing the right thing by keeping a list of all of your symptoms, when they occur and when they are at their worse. I wish you the best of luck at your appointment and please let us know what the doctors say. We are here to help you and remember, you are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie