PDA

View Full Version : Moving across town

lovehubby
03-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Well I will me moving to a different house the first of may,I am excited to get out of this duplex into a house but boy I know that I am going to suffer after all this is over. It will take a week too recover from the work of moving. Plus with the bum knee it will not be to easy. I am going to wait till the move is over to even think about the surgery, right now would be way to much. I am still hoping that my knee will heal up enough that I will not need the surgery. Well everyone take care
Michele

tgal
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope you make it through without too much trouble! Enjoy your new house and keep us posted!

SandyR
03-22-2011, 07:51 AM
congratulations and good luck! it sounds like waiting for surgery is a good idea right now. I hope you have lots of big strong handsome guys to help you move all that stuff. Let them work up the sweat while you rest your pretty little self down in a chair and supervise.

Bonita
03-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Good luck with your new house and i hope you can do it without much pain. Right now i am in the stage of my life with the pain of this diease to move in a place that is all on one floor and not so big but i cannot afford it. I could not get as much for our house without a mortgage and that is not possible. Again good luck and be happy. Bonita

lovehubby
03-22-2011, 12:57 PM
I will be sure to let the strong men I am hiring do all the heavy lifting LOL

kim,l
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
good luck with your new house i know how tiring it can be moving take care of yourself

steve.b
03-22-2011, 06:42 PM
enjoy those strong men sweating...................
pack no more than 1 box a day.

lovehubby
03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks steve bryce i am being very good and doing alittle at a time since I have 5 weeks before I move thanks again for the advice

GoodDog
03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
I bet you're excited to be getting into a house! Is there a lot of yard work? With your knee that may not be good.

lovehubby
03-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Since we live in the desert there is only rocks and weeds but we spray for weeds and it keeps them out for 1 year. I am counting the days till may 1st. It will be so nice to not be hooked to anyone.

bunny28
03-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Is your new house a bungalow or two-story?

Congrats on the new house..moving is always exhauting but definitely easier if you do a little at a time. We moved last year and I have decided I am never moving again. Lol, I am 35 so this is probably way premature but oh well! THe move was soo worth it for us. I know you will love yours too.

Enjoy!

lovehubby
03-25-2011, 01:00 PM
It is a single story thank God LOL I love the fact there are no carpets here in the desert it really doesn't get that cold to need carpets. That is something that kills me to do vacuuming is so hard. Besides my Lupus and bad knees I also had major back surgery 14 years ago do to scoliosis so I have rods and spacers and a fusion all in the lower spine. It causes me alot of pain. add the joint pain from my lupus and housework is really tuff. My husband has had Diabetis for 50 years and is also a heart patient so there are things he can't do to help me. So I think this new place is going to work much better for us.

magistramarla
03-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Michelle,
We did the opposite of what you're doing. We packed up and rented out our house in Texas when we moved out here to CA. Now we're living in a duplex on a military installation, and we love it! It's comfortable, one story, has a great view and we don't have to worry about keeping it up. Jeff hates yardwork, so we gleefully watch the work crews come by doing the lawn and tree care. It's also nice to just call maintenance when something breaks down instead of waiting for Jeff to get around to it.
We'll be moving back to Texas when he finishes his PHD, and we both dread it. We don't look forward to dealing with that house or the heat of South Texas. As soon as he pays back his time to the office at Lackland, he's going to apply to teach at a military academy, and we'll sell the house and happily move again!
I guess that being with the military for a long time, moving gets in your blood. I always like to check out a new place!
Good luck with your new house!
Hugs,
Marla

red246
03-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Michelle,
We are getting ready to move across town too! I wish we were going into a single family, but unfortunately that didn't work out. But, our landlord bought another duplex & it is bigger than the one we're in now. I'm so excited since our bedroom will be on the 2nd floor rather than the 3rd & we're going to have 2 bathrooms! We're moving the middle of next month and I'm nowhere near ready yet. Best of luck to you! (((hugs)))

lovehubby
03-26-2011, 07:38 AM
Lauren isn't it fun going to a new place. Well don't you over do it either. We have two bathrooms too in the new place and a great yard for my two little pups. I wish you didn't have steps tho it is hard on the joints. Be careful and have fun in the new place. (HUGS BACK)