PDA

View Full Version : The Gerson miracle

Toradoradi
03-21-2011, 10:46 PM
I was just watching this documentary on the Gerson therapy which had to do with the toxin we're exposed to within our everyday life that contribute to all the chronic diseases that people have today, such as cancer, diabetes, arthitis, autoimmune diseases. It said because of everything we are exposed to in our society now our body is being overloaded with toxin every single day and in order to get rid of them you must cleanse your system of everything that was absorbed into it by eating raw fruits and vegetables. There of course was more to the treatment and diet you have to do, but I found it really quite interesting. Its wasnt the most entertaining documentary but the point of it and the science behind it was. Some of it was a bit scary when they we t around a room telling you what goes into your body from just doing something... Kind of made me want to hide in a hole somewhere and never come out knowing what they told me but it made alot of sense why we have so many issues in today's time, and why there are so many diseases that arent curable. Anyways just thought I would share what I watched today since it pertained to this disease and I thought it was interesting. I couldn't tell you if it was true or not or if I would go on this Gerson therapy because of it but the concept behind it made sense to me. Anyone else know of this or watched the movie? Thoughts?

rob
03-22-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi Tori,

The "Gerson Miracle" is kind of the grandfather of all the bogus so-called "treatments" out there. Gerson "therapy" is nothing more than a diet and coffee enemas for which there is absolutley NO clinical evidence supporting it's claims of efficacy. And, the Gerson diet was never even "invented" with the intention of treating Lupus. Gerson came up with this fraudulent so called treatment only as a "natural cure for cancer". The charlatans who push such diets like to make money of course, and you can make a bigger dishonest buck by claiming your diet treats everything under the sun-that's how they increase their customer base.

Here are some hard facts-

Claim#1-Gerson advocates claim a myriad of toxins are the cause autoimmune diseases such as Lupus.

Truth-Although there is a very good chance environmental/workplace toxins in our daily lives play a role in the cause of Lupus, there is no scientific evidence proving this at this point. And since the cause of Lupus IS NOT KNOWN, anyone claiming to know the cause is lying.

Claim#2-Gerson advocates often tout the diet as a "Cure for Lupus".

Truth-Since there IS NO CURE for Lupus, this is a bald faced lie, and anyone who makes this claim is a fraud.

Claim#3-Gerson advocates claim that the diet will boost your immune system.

Truth-Boosting the immune system of a person with Lupus is one of the absolute worst things you can do. In fact, strengthening or somehow boosting the immune system of a Lupus patient can be FATAL.

Claim#4-Frequent enemas are both safe and beneficial for Lupus patients.

Truth-The Lupus Foundation of America's Rheumotological Staff warn that not only is there no clinical evidence to support the claim of efficacy, there is good evidence that frequent enemas can be harmful and possibly fatal for a Lupus patient due to the risk of internal abrasion causing localized inflammation and/or infection.

The list goes on and on, but those are the major points in regards to the Gerson diet and Lupus. A well balanced and healthy diet is something we should all strive for, but only as a complement to our existing treatment program, and not as a standalone "treatment".

Rob

tgal
03-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Rob said it all. Nothing to add here but a Thanks

SandyR
03-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Good information Rob! I think so many people don't get one key important thing about AI disease - our immune systems are not insufficient - they are too efficient. Boosting them would just be like wishing a flare on yourself.

Toradoradi
03-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Lol thanks for the opinions... I was just wondering about your thoughts on it. I thought there were some valid points in the documentary even if the therapy is bogus. Also it didn't specifically say to treat lupus just chronic diseases and autoimmune. The main focus of it was for treating cancer. It reminded me alot of this thing my parents tried actually called "Mona vie" it's a juice you take 2 1 oz drinks a day and it's supposedly is a cure for all kinds of ailments... It was super expensive and not FDA approved and all this crazy stuff. I just thought it was crazy how much stuff actually goes into our bodies on a regular basis. It's sad to think about what we do to ourselves and our planet and how no one really thinks twice about it. I mean I can't say i go out of my way to help the environment or limit exposure to things but given our society it's just what people do and it's going to continue to be what people do until ourselves and the world are done with it. Also, I didn't think about the fact that lupus you don't want to boost your immunestystem. Good point! I'm still new at this stuff! Anyways just wanted to see what others had to say or if anyone had watched the film!