PDA

View Full Version : Pain management doctor

chikititalinda
03-21-2011, 01:43 PM
I was at my Orthopedic last week and unfortunately I have AVN on both legs now. Sorry can't remember if I posted about this or not. Anyhow he told me that given my situation theres nothing he can do for me until my joints collapse LUCKY ME!!!!
He referred me to a pain management clinic at Jefferson University hospital. It seems almost impossible to even schedule a damn appointment. First I call the number they gave me, a lady picks up and tells me "I can help you, BUT this is my PRIVATE line next time you need to call the front desk, Ok, she proceeds to tell me I need to fax records before they can even schedule an appointment. I send over a fax request and call to follow up, it takes a few weeks to even show up in the system then they'll send me a fifteen dollar invoice before I even get the records THEN it takes the clinic atleast three weeks once they receive the records before they will even call me for an appointment. So we're looking into 6-8 weeks before I can even make the appointment, is this freaking crazy or what.

In the meantime Im in crazy pain UGH!

GoodDog
03-21-2011, 03:32 PM
That's terrible!! I didn't have a very good experience either. I went to a class and there were about 50 people there. I was so sick I could barely make it to the class and there was no way I could have sat there for the 4 hours they required!! I was so upset because I could hardly walk and was so miserable and everyone there was so insensitive. It made me feel like they thought everyone was trying to get pain meds and just abusing them. I sobbed for a day. So my pain is not properly controlled and I've been taking the same meds for 20 years. Of course they don't work any more but do you think anyone cares?!?!

Saysusie
03-21-2011, 09:38 PM
So, I guess to get treated at the Jefferson University Hospital, you have to NOT be in pain and NOT need any medication, and NOT need any medical care, and certainly NOT need any immediate attention! Sounds like hoax to me and it really does not sound like a treating hospital at all!!
I hope that you find someone who will treat you, being on the same meds for 20yrs does not sound like appropriate treatment to me. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

rob
03-22-2011, 05:17 AM
So, I guess to get treated at the Jefferson University Hospital, you have to NOT be in pain and NOT need any medication, and NOT need any medical care, and certainly NOT need any immediate attention! Sounds like hoax to me and it really does not sound like a treating hospital at all!!
I hope that you find someone who will treat you, being on the same meds for 20yrs does not sound like appropriate treatment to me. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

I agree. It sounds like a frakking scam.

chikititalinda
03-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Good dog, are you talking about Jeff also? Have you tried any one else for pain management, and what do you need it for? Im so sorry you're suffering with pain.
I personally hate taking narcotics and thats really all I can take becuase im on blood thinners so I wait until I can't deal with it anymore. I usually jsut soak in a tub filled with hot water and epson salt, then when I get out of there slather on the sweet smell of bengay, imagine my hubbies face as he walks into the room and im smelling of bengay LOL!

chikititalinda
03-22-2011, 06:55 AM
I hope its not a scam, Im hoping they're so busy that they have to "weed out" people who can get pain relief through their primary and don't need specialty care. I hope they can rush things through, I have vicodin and percosets and ultram I'm just hoping that they can give me something topical as opposed as pills who make me so drowsy I cant function and can only take at night.

SandyR
03-22-2011, 08:05 AM
amazing! the pain management people can't seem to manage their own procedures to help people with their pain. Perhaps you should call the spa - you'll get in quicker and be treated nicer and pay just about the same...seriously though - that's really terrible. Is there no other way to get in quicker? Perhaps if your docs right a letter? or is there no other pain managament option in your area?

rob
03-22-2011, 08:19 AM
"I can help you, BUT this is my PRIVATE line next time you need to call the front desk, Ok, she proceeds to tell me I need to fax records before they can even schedule an appointment. I send over a fax request and call to follow up, it takes a few weeks to even show up in the system then they'll send me a fifteen dollar invoice before I even get the records THEN it takes the clinic atleast three weeks once they receive the records before they will even call me for an appointment. So we're looking into 6-8 weeks before I can even make the appointment, is this freaking crazy or what.

Jeez, for having to go through all that crap, they should pay YOU fifteen dollars. Call me old fashioned, but if I'm going to get screwed, I at least want to be kissed first!

Rob

chikititalinda
03-22-2011, 08:29 AM
LOL good on Rob, I needed that laugh