PDA

View Full Version : Empowerment

Shirley
11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
After reading many of the posts on this site I took some advice. First I empowered myself! I had been avoiding going to my RA because he was such a pompous and rude person. This morning after reading some posts I called the other RA in my community and asked for an appointment. The nurse hesitated and said that the Doctor would have to read over my history. After explaining my smptoms she said that she would give me the very next cancelation. I then called my RA and asked that my file be faxed to my new doctor. WOW I feel better already.

I also made an appointment with a dermatologist.

Much appreciation to those of you that took the time to posted which really helped me empower myself.

Saysusie
11-26-2005, 07:47 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!!! Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about! Take control of your health and demand that you be listened to, taken seriously and treated.
We are happy for you. See how much better that made you feel? you are now being PRO-ACTIVE and that is very important for our emotional and physical well being!

Way To Go :D

Saysusie

hatlady
11-26-2005, 03:15 PM
:D WOO HOO! Like SaySusie said - YOU GO GIRL!

How wonderful to take charge of your life and your health! I hope this new rheumy is fantastic - you deserve the very best! :D