PDA

View Full Version : Had a great doctor visit

Colleens
11-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I posted before asking if anyone had any ideas on what to expect on first Lupus rheumy appt. Well, I have gone to that appt. and I really really like the doctor!!! She is knowledgeable and she spent 45 minutes with me and made sure all my questions were answered. Took me down to 15mg pred for the itching and wants to put me on plaquenil by next visit (Dec.). She is so much more than I expected. I have had so many BAD doctors it is so good to have one who knows what she is doing, and is compassionate about it!!!!

Saysusie
11-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Coleens :lol:
I am truly happy to hear that you finally found a doctor who listens to you and takes the time to explain things and who is knowledgeable!! Sometimes, that is the biggest hurdle for us to overcome!!

Congratulations!
Saysusie

Jodi
11-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Colleens,

I'm so glad to hear the appointment went well! Having a rheumatologist that soeaks to you plainly and with respect is a blessing. The Plaquenil is a miracle drug - and is well tolerated (at least for me). I haven't had any side effects! I wish the same luck for you:)

Jodi

honeyshell69
11-30-2005, 11:43 AM
Im truly so happy you found a doc u like, im still wishing for one. thanks for the hope.. :D

hatlady
12-02-2005, 11:30 AM
:D :D There are good docs out there - and so glad you found one! It can make such a huge differnce!