PDA

View Full Version : SLE symptom free bucketlist

sprant
03-18-2011, 01:41 AM
I got myself in a state one night. When my partner asked why I was crying all I could say was "I just need one day off". I hadn't had a symptom free day for months and the daily struggle was getting to me. It did make me think what would I do for that day if I had a completely disease free day (without medication and all the other bells and whistles as well). I have decided I would go skiing, soak in a spa pool, then head out for a meal and do some crazy dancing to 80s tunes.

What would your day involve? We could start the SLE symptom free bucketlist...

ritzbit
03-18-2011, 05:03 AM
What a good idea! I would go on a veryyy long hike lol I cant go outside at all during the winter and I love hiking. I also LOVE taking pictures and usually take way too many on my hikes but I havent been able to because of the weather, now my legs. I would also love to eat as much ice cream as humanly possible lol my stomach gets mad when I eat it now..lol

lovehubby
03-18-2011, 07:07 AM
What a great thought I would spring clean my home go for a long walk and swim at the lake with the worry of the sun LOL

ritzbit
03-18-2011, 07:12 AM
I like the swimming idea =) love swimming and love the beach. Im adding that to mine lol A day without 100 spf, tanning, and swimming. Oh how I miss those days lol

tgal
03-18-2011, 09:25 AM
I would take my daughter on a cruise and take her snorkeling in the bright blue water off of cosumel or cancun. We would spend the entire time in the sun and not have to worry about sun, heat, seizures and all the crap we deal with now.

SandyR
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd go to the beach and eat ice cream cones all day and go out dancing all night.

GoodDog
03-18-2011, 02:07 PM
If it were on a weekend I would get up real early and go to a large flea market. I would carry all the treasures I bought back to my car and then stop for a nice lunch. Then I would head off with my dog to the beach and run along the sand until dusk. That night I would go dancing until I turned back into a pumpkin. It makes me remember the time when that was possible and at least I know what it feels like.

If I had two days off I would fly to Acapulco and see my son and 3 granddaughters!!!

I wonder if in our lifetime we'll see virtual reality treatment for our disease. I watched a program on how it helps people in pain and thought it would be cool... especially if it were possible to hook up with others in virtual space, huh? LOL

rob
03-18-2011, 04:49 PM
I would take my Dad flying for a day. We'd take our glider and chase thermals all afternoon like we used to do when I was a kid. This time, I'd do the heavy lifting. I'd take care of takeoff and landing, and let him just enjoy the hours upon hours of soaring free once we were up there.

sprant
03-18-2011, 05:59 PM
What awesome days, reading them has put a smile on my face. I will have to add lying in the sun at the beach and body bording for hours in the water. Oh crap, not enough hours in one day...

GoodDog
03-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Oh I miss flying, Rob. I started teaching my son to fly when he was 8 and he went on to beome a pilot for American Airlines for quite a few years. We were able to travel anywhere first class free back then!! I learned to fly in an open cockpit Stearman many many years ago. LOL

ruziska
03-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I would go back country hiking in Glacier National Park, swimming in a glacial lake and falling asleep under the stars

magistramarla
03-18-2011, 08:12 PM
I would go back to Greece and walk up the Acropolis without the wheelchair lift, then go back to Santorini and make it all the way to the top of the hill where there is an ancient archaeological site that I wanted to see.

rob
03-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Oh I miss flying, Rob. I started teaching my son to fly when he was 8 and he went on to beome a pilot for American Airlines for quite a few years. We were able to travel anywhere first class free back then!! I learned to fly in an open cockpit Stearman many many years ago. LOL

That is really cool! You learned on a Stearman. That's a whole lotta plane, especially with that big radial engine up front! I learned on, and did my solo in a Blanik L-13 glider. Among other things, my father was a flight instructor-so I had a good teacher. I'm originally from the Bay Area, and I can remember trips up to Calistoga where Dad flew in various competitions. Great memories.

Rob

rob
03-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I would go back to Greece and walk up the Acropolis without the wheelchair lift, then go back to Santorini and make it all the way to the top of the hill where there is an ancient archaeological site that I wanted to see.

That would really be a trip to remember.

GoodDog
03-18-2011, 08:19 PM
That is really cool! You learned on a Stearman. That's a whole lotta plane, especially with that big radial engine up front! I learned on, and did my solo in a Blanik L-13 glider. Amongst other things, my father was a flight instructor-so I had a good teacher. I'm originally from the Bay Area, and I can remember trips up to Calistoga where Dad flew in various competitions. Great memories.

Rob

Cool!! My son and I had an International Flight School in the Bay Area, using mostly Katanas for private licensing and all the way up to twin engine Cessnas. He was a flight instructor too. Once I saw how much he loved flying I stepped back and let him have his glory days. We had a lot of fun! I've never flown in a glider, but always wanted to. It must be incredible not hearing any engine noise. People always asked him if his father is a pilot and he would say, "nope, my mother is". LOL

steve.b
03-19-2011, 12:12 AM
flying . . . . . . .i spent 12 years fixing them in the airforce
what fun.

for my day, i would spend the morning canoeing with my children.
then spend the afternoon riding horses with my wife.

we do these things now, but in small doses.

to spend 1/2 a day would be fun. not too much sun for 1 day!!!!!!

what a dream.