PDA

View Full Version : Low Blood Pressure

SoleSinger
11-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Hey everyone!

Just another question from the question asker extraordinaire!!! Everyone keeps telling me I need to stop stressing so much and relax because stress is bad for your immune system and Lupus and all that stuff...

Here's my question... At my last doctors visit, my BP was at 83/36... (Typically, mine is in the 120/70 range) And I have been monitoring it everyday since, and it's stayed fairly low...In fact, today when I was REALLY stressed out it was at a WHOPPING 103/55... So, if I DEstress and relax, won't that make my BP go down farther? And does anyone know how low it can be before I should start REALLY worrying?

Thanks again for all your help!!

hatlady
11-23-2005, 12:39 PM
WOW, that BP is chillin' out, SoleSinger!

I think I'd worry if my doc said I should. If the doc wasn't worried about 83/36, WOW! Could it be that the person who took it had trouble hearing and recorded a lower BP than it actually was? Keep track of your BP over the course of the next couple weeks - and note when you take it how you're feeling so that s/he can understand how your moods may affect it.

If your doc is worried, then worry. Otherwise, it should be OK.

Ariel
11-24-2005, 07:33 AM
My blood pressure runs quite low frequently. The scariest for me was probably driving myself to the ER (peeing blood all night) with a BP of 70/45.

De-stressing really shouldn't make your BP drop lower. Your body's reaction to stress (physical OR emotional) may actually make it go lower than it normally would.

I would discuss this with your doc and, if possible, a neurologist. It's a rather classic condition in people with diabetes and/or gstroparesis and is usually related to nerve damage.

It's only really dangerous if you start hitting the deck because of dizziness and bang your head.