PDA

View Full Version : New member

lacey50
03-15-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi to everyone,

I came in here as a guest and now decided it was time to join. I believe I have had lupus for quite some time. I was just officially diagnosed with it however. I have other AI's and was having a terrible flare. My rheumy did tons of blood work suspecting lupus and all my test came back positive for it. She also feels I have had Lupus for a long time, but that it has just now showed as positive. She said everything is overlapping each other. I think I am just one messed up broad. lol

I try to stay positive and be thankful for what I have. There are times I feel like everything is coming down on me and I can hardly handle all the pain and fatigue etc. I know you all know what I mean.

I hope I will find support on here when needed and that I will be able to give support to others when it is needed.

tgal
03-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi lacey! Welcome to WHL! Yes, we do all know what you mean! AI diseases do tend to overlap. Once you have one it is quite possible to have others. I don't think there is anyone on this board that hasn't had the feeling that everything has been falling down on top of them. No matter how much you think you have your head wrapped around what is going on there comes a day when it is overwhelming and thatis what we are here for.

You stated it perfectly when you said sometimes I need support and others I will be able to give support. I am so glad that you decided to join! I can't wait to get to know you better

lovehubby
03-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I am glad that you joined us. You will find it very intertaining they can answer just about anything you can throw at them. I hope you enjoy being on this site as much as I do.

debbie-b
03-16-2011, 05:19 AM
Hi Lacey,

Welcome to WHL, glad to meet you.
Are you on any meds yet?
Like Mari said, we all know what you mean.

Debbie

steve.b
03-16-2011, 06:01 AM
i would also like to say welcome.
look around at all the threads and please join in.

i like this family !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PainGoAway
03-16-2011, 10:09 AM
WELCOME! I'm glad I recently joined and hope you will be too. VERY VERY supportive people here!

lacey50
03-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your welcomes.

In anwser to Debbie, Yes, I am on several meds. I take some for the dryness of sjogren's, and plaquenil and MTX for lupus and sjogren's, plus lyrica for fibro pain. I just started the MTX, so I hope it will help.

Saysusie
03-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Lacey; I just wanted to take a moment to add my welcome to those you've already received! I am glad that you are here and I am sure that you will add as much as you give to our home here!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

SandyR
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
welcome! So glad you are "officially" here with us.

Colleenc
03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Welcome I hope you find this as useful and entertaining as I have!!! (<:

Nonna
03-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi lacey and welcome, I saw your post about Gwinnett and left you a visitors message. I have some of the same problems and my rheumy just put me on MTX also. You kept saying she; thought maybe we share the same rheumy; mine is also a she.

As others have said there is a lot of info here. explore it

Toni AKA Nonna

Peridot20_Gem
03-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi Lacey,
Welcome to our lovely family of the WHL and it's nice to have you with us.
Seems like we're in the same boat with so many things, it drives me abit crazy at times but we all deal with it in different ways.

I hope the MTX is helping, they've had me on plaquenil for 6wks not feeling no benefit yet, just sickness, nausea and stomach pain.

Keep we all updated and it will be nice getting to know you. Terri xxx

magistramarla
03-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Hi Lacey,
You sound much like me - I'm the queen of overlapping AI diseases - Lupus, Sjogren's, RA, Psoriatic Arthritis, Raynaud's, with Spasmodic Dysphonia and Meniere's thrown in for extra fun. I've been on Plaquenil and MTX for nearly two years now, and that combination does seem to help.
Welcome to WHL. We're one big happy internet family, and we're always willing to listen and learn from each other.
Hugs,
Marla

Peridot20_Gem
03-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi Lacey,

I hope your keeping fine and for the dryness for the sjogren's what do you take, as i've heard there's meds for it but my rheumo being so useless as never offered me any and to try and eat certain foods is a right game.

Terri xxx

craftkeeper
03-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Hi Lacey and welcome to WHL. We need to start a messed up broad forum.LOL. I have Lupus, Thyroid and Fibro{not to mention MenoPause]. Glad your here though.

kim,l
03-22-2011, 03:20 PM
hi lacey welcome whl i have lupus . thyroid, fibro, and angina, i take plaquenil , prednisone, and mtx, we are all here to help look forward to chatting kim l