PDA

View Full Version : school bullying on news

kim,l
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
hi everybody last night there was a news report aired in australia about a kid who was being bullied so he grab the bully and threw him someone was was filming this on there phone it went all over the world i think it is on either you tube or face book both of them were suspended this was my daughter mikaelas school this is the school i have been telling you all about for the last few years for the one who do not know mikaela has been to emergency room twice with concussion once were she was set upon by several kids and kicked and beaten then filmed for youtube she has been spat on called terrible names she has been terrorised at this school about a month ago she fought back and was issued with warning of suspension while i do not condone what this kid did what are they suppose to do i have made numerous complaints about phones being in schools and the bullying and all they say is we have it under control well after yesterday being splashed over the news it seems they do not i am seriously worried about mikaelas safety and we are considering pulling mikaela out and home schooling her she is in year 10 and studying for certificate what do you all think am i over reacting with her this has been happening for 4 years any suggestions would be appreciated hugs kim l

mountaindreamer
03-15-2011, 02:44 PM
you are mikaela's mom, and you have every right to make the necessary decisions for her safety and well-being....i would probably pull her out if that were an option....this school needs to change the administration personnel and get someone in who can get these bullies under control.

hope you are having a good day.

Angel Oliver
03-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Kim,
I would pull her out now until this school is sorted out.I think it was terrible what happened to her.This way she is safe and wont be afraid anymore.Thinking of you.
love
Amanda.xxxx

lovehubby
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
If the school is not concerned enough to do anything to control this bullying then I would change schools or homeschool my daughter good luck.

kim,l
03-15-2011, 10:54 PM
just letting you know i have written and emailed complaint to eduction minister about the school and my daughters treatment if this is not resolved i have demanded they either find her alternative placement or i will homeschool her and take this complaint further i am angry enough is enough and i believe that is how that boys parents feel to i know it was drastic what he did and i do not condone violence ever but this poor kid felt he had no choice mobile phones need to be banned at school and bullies need tougher punishment and the joke is the school sent a letter home today saying how they are a very caring and supportive school and do not condone bullying this was not worth the paper it was written on sorry for venting but i am fed up hugs kim l

rob
03-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Kim,

I'd get her out of there, and do whatever you can to protect her. I wish somebody had given a damn and payed attention to the brutality I endured as a kid. It took broken ribs, broken fingers, and my absolute refusal to go back to school before anyone would finally help me. I'm glad you are there to help, and that you are willing to do what you must to end this awful situation.

Rob

hating_that_pred
03-16-2011, 03:25 AM
I find it very dissapointing in the way that the school goes about these situations. Bullying is very frustrating, and can drastically destroy a students confidence, and not just during school, it can continue outside of school and for years to come, often bullies at some point end up regretting their actions towards fellow students as they mature, however the school needs to find a system in which this problem is erased. Not good enough. This situation is about as unfair as they come, and I hope for the very best outcome for your daughter. A future at this certain school for your daughter seems like the wrong decision and I would strongly advise for you to help her find a future outside this school.

steve.b
03-16-2011, 05:17 AM
it is your right to pull her out of school, and demand that the education department find her a place at a suitable school.
if the distance is over a certain distance, (sorry i have forgot the length), she is also entitled to free bus travel.

under duty of care, if the school cannot offer a safe environment, they cannot stop you changing schools.

your daughters history is proof of lack of duty of care.

SandyR
03-16-2011, 07:15 AM
I think I would pull her out and homeschool her too. But I would also maybe contact the news and make a statement about that school. Give the public a face behind the image of the bullied kid. Make the school face it's own bad behaviour by airing out it's laundry. It may not help with Mikaela but I think it would help with those who are following in her path.