PDA

View Full Version : Progressing understanding

Nonna
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Today was my first venture into the travel ball tournaments for this year. I stayed for 2 games. I wanted to stay for the third one ut my daughter said, "Mom you have to drive home after the game do you have the energy for that if you stay". I thought about what she said and agreed to go home.

I bearly made it to the car.
I had to sit there quietly to catch my breath and rest before I started driving.
I had five miles to go when the waves of nausea and fatigue hit.

I called her and told she was right; I was glad I listened to her.

The purpose for this post is to share this. My daughter understands. She's noticed and she knew I slept badly last night. I forgot and was ready to overdo.
I am so proud that she is who and what she is.

Toni

tgal
03-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you for sharing that Toni! it is so wonderful to have a family member looking out for us. You must have done a good job raising such a fine adult!

GoodDog
03-12-2011, 03:57 PM
It's so hard to judge when we've done too much or are getting close. I have Delayed Pressure Urticaria and I can do something as little as opening a bottle of water and it will flare. Other days I can do more without a flare so it's very difficult to know when to stop. Plus it takes about 4 hours for it to react to whatever I've done. I can't seem to figure out what I can do and what the warning signs are before it's too late.

SandyR
03-14-2011, 06:37 AM
that's wonderful Toni! So nice to be heard and understood.

magistramarla
03-17-2011, 02:26 PM
Toni,
Good for your daughter. It's a good thing that you listened.
I get really frustrated about driving. I've always loved cars and driving. I used to think nothing of driving by myself from San Antonio to Houston or even to Dallas. Once, I even went on a three state college visiting jaunt with one daughter, and we had such a good time!
Now, I find that I can drive from home to the mall just fine, but if I push past it just a few miles to go somewhere in Carmel, my legs start spasming and I'm a nervous wreck by the time I get to Carmel. This is just NOT FAIR for an adventurous soul.
Hugs,
Marla

bunny28
03-17-2011, 06:51 PM
That is wonderful! I love how understanding your daughter was. It is such a process. Well done.

mountaindreamer
03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
as much as we hate to see our children understand our disease, it is such a comfort when they notice that we feeling badly before we even notice. My daughter has done this a few times too, and i have learned to listen to her, cause each time she was correct.

yum, yum....lunch tomorrow.