PDA

View Full Version : Rude people

lovehubby
03-12-2011, 01:17 PM
I went out to the dog park Thursday It was pretty sunny and warm that day. I just wasn't in the mood for comments from people so I left my hat and my umbrella in the car. DUMB MOVE I was out there around 45 min. When I started to feel lightheaded. I got cody my pup and left. When I got in the car I was drenched in sweat. Came home and got in cool shower. But do to my caring what people would say instead of my health I got sick. Side of face broke out in a large circle of raised bumps itched only till they surfaced then the itching stopped. Got in bed woke up with my finger joints swollen and stiff which I do every morning but not that bad. Thumbs were the worst so all day yesterday I was sore evening the muscles in my back hurt. Today took my pup back to the dog park with my umbrella and here came the smartass comments. Why do people have to be like that and why do I feel I owe them a explanation of why I have a umbrella? Sorry for the long post

ritzbit
03-12-2011, 01:29 PM
I know what you mean. I get the same rude comments for something as small as wearing a hat in school (its against dress code). People dont take anything into consideration when they say stupid things and never stop to think that there is probably a reason for it if its outside the norm. Dont think twice about what people say because what they say doesnt matter anyway because they are obviously pretty ignorant and inconsiderate. I hope you feel better.

rob
03-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Hi Michele,

You should have a little fun with it. When they ask why you have an open umbrella, just tell them that it's a signal to the mothership to pick you up before your fleet nukes the planet. Or, sometimes what I do when asked a dumbass question like that, I just start ranting back at the person in some foreign language. If you can't speak a foreign language, just make up any old gibberish, it's great fun.

Rob

lovehubby
03-12-2011, 01:47 PM
You are so right it shouldn't matter to me. and Rob you just crack me up with your comments thanks

tgal
03-12-2011, 03:52 PM
LOL@ Rob. I wish I had as much guts as you!

Michele, I know exactly where you are coming from. I REFUSE to ride in the electric carts in the stores even on bad days because I wonder what people will think! I make it so much worse on myself, as you did, just because I care about something so stupid!

kim,l
03-12-2011, 04:44 PM
hi michele i know how frustrating it can be i get strange looks from people when i use my walker and the comments they make like i thought they were for old people. or may be its because she to fat to walk on her own which of course is another thing i get comments on i am a large person even more since prednisone but i still get frustrated but have learned since becoming whl member that these people are ignorant and miss informed and should mind there own business so there opinion has become less important to me you do what is best for your health and they can go to buggery hugs kim l

rob
03-12-2011, 05:15 PM
LOL@ Rob. I wish I had as much guts as you!

Michele, I know exactly where you are coming from. I REFUSE to ride in the electric carts in the stores even on bad days because I wonder what people will think! I make it so much worse on myself, as you did, just because I care about something so stupid!

I first started doing the foreign language trick to avoid those irritating people at the mall who stand there with clipboards just waiting to reel someone in to do a never-ending survey. I used to speak fairly decent German, so I'd just start talking to them in German and they would lose interest really quickly. Then I started using it on people who would ask why I wear long sleeved shirts when it's 80 degrees out. It also comes in handy for unwanted telephone solicitors.

debbie-b
03-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Hi Michele,

People make stupid comments to me as well,I bruise very easy and have bruises all over my arms and legs, people will say, " did you have a fight with your husband?" My is answer now is " Yeah, but you should see what he looks like."
I also have Livedo reticularis, it is a purple fishnet like pattern on my arms and knees, people will ask me why i look so purple and I tell them, "I used to be a smurf, but the color is fading."
Just do what you need to do and ignore peoples comments.
I mean I have people ask me nicely, " what happened to you?" and I will tell them. But most of the time I am just tired of explaining, because most people don't know what Lupus is.

Debbie

lovehubby
03-12-2011, 05:38 PM
You all always make me feel so much better about things. Thanks so much for just being here so we all can vent and get it off our shoulders. I also had a good cry that works for me too LOL

tgal
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM
We are glad that you decided to join us. It is a circle. Some days we make you feel better and other days you make us feel better. It is kind of cool that way

steve.b
03-12-2011, 08:18 PM
play with people. the stupider there question, the more you need to reply. laughter is the best medicine.
from steve.bryce

GoodDog
03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Each time someone says something come up with a funny response and share it here so we can all laugh. That might be a good ongoing thread to start, huh? Seriously though, I know how you feel and no matter how much I tell myself that it doesn't matter it still does... just the way I was raised I guess. I wish I could get past it too and not care. I can barely walk and I won't get a walker because some days I can walk and "what will people think." Crazy!!

red246
03-13-2011, 05:37 AM
I get a lot of looks when I park in handicap spots. I mean what right do I have to park there? I'm youngish, look to be in good health and walking just fine on some days. The looks that I get from older people are just amazing, especially if I took the last spot! BUt what they don't realize is that by the time I'm done shopping I may not be able to make it back to the van, or that when I go inside I do use the electric shopping carts (more dirty looks for that one) so that later on I can still drive home & make dinner. I'm just waiting for somebody to actually say something one day so that I can say something funny to them!

lovehubby
03-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I told my husband I will just hide out all summer and then I don't have to here everyone's stupid comments. But hell that is not right either so the hell with caring what they say I will just go about my bussiness and like rob saids pop back with some witty responds. The funny thing is when I say I have Lupus or I am sick they look at me like sure you are. I hate that the most.

SandyR
03-13-2011, 08:15 AM
Don't change for these people! They certainly won't change for you. Be who you are, whether that is you on a sick day or a healthy day and be greatful that they don't understand what it is like to live like this for it means they were blessed with good health and ignorance. If you feel the need to address these people then jut tell them what the deal is - you can hand out pamplets like the Hari Krishnah's if you like. Or you could just ignore them. I also like that other language idea. Either way - LIVE your life. Don't live the life that others think you should lead.

rob
03-13-2011, 08:52 AM
I told my husband I will just hide out all summer and then I don't have to here everyone's stupid comments. But hell that is not right either so the hell with caring what they say I will just go about my bussiness and like rob saids pop back with some witty responds. The funny thing is when I say I have Lupus or I am sick they look at me like sure you are. I hate that the most.

OK, here's one for you-

When they ask about the umbrella, tell them that you used to be a world famous umbrella model, and that you are just trying to re-live the glory days of your youth...

Too bad I no longer live in AZ, I'd come over to B.C. and go walking with you. We'd really have fun messing with their heads! Of course if you don't want to mess with them, a simple "shut the frak up and go away" usually gets rid of the more obnoxious ones. Substitute your own F-word of choice.

tgal
03-13-2011, 09:32 AM

That's how you do it!!

mountaindreamer
03-13-2011, 09:48 AM
hi michelefish,

thanks for starting this thread....i love it when Rob's wit gets caught up in one of the threads....too funny.

i love the idea of the mother ship, it would be fun to watch people gather their children and dogs and leave....

lovehubby
03-13-2011, 01:03 PM
I love the mother ship one too I am still laughing over it LOL

lovehubby
03-13-2011, 01:08 PM
come over here anytime Rob and we can go walking together LOL
You in longsleeves and me with my umbrella my husband said what a pair we would make at the dog park LOL

kim,l
03-13-2011, 05:26 PM
michele people always comment on why we have disabled sticker on our car and my husband got sick of it so one day he said to this person mate i am deaf dumb and blind andmy heart sometimes ticks and doesn,t tock and my wife is lupie to explain this he has hearing aids early onset dementia and eyesight failing and his heart misses beats and since most people do not know what lupus is he referred to it as lupie the guy looked at him strange and walked away. needless to say when he says this nobody bothers us again hugs kim l

lovehubby
03-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Kim thanks I love to here stuff so funny like this. I thought of having a T-Shirt made that saids I have Lupus and I need this umbrella to save me. Might work LOL

ruziska
03-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a handicap parking permit. I refer to rude people as the "bluecard police". When someone glares or says something , my usual response is "bet ya didn't know being sick could look so (insert expletive of choice here) good!"
Works like a charm.

rob
03-14-2011, 04:02 AM
I have a handicap parking permit. I refer to rude people as the "bluecard police". When someone glares or says something , my usual response is "bet ya didn't know being sick could look so (insert expletive of choice here) good!"
Works like a charm.

That's great. I love it!

lovehubby
03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
I think I will have to try that out next time I get those stares when I use my handicap parking

debbie-b
03-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Works like a charm.

LOL. I have almost spit coffee on my keyboard.
That is too funny.

Debbie