PDA

View Full Version : Help

lovehubby
03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Pick up my MRI report on my knee I did tear my medial collateral ligament and I macerated my lateral meniscus and tore my medial meniscus have bone marrow edema but the thing that I don't understand is it saids I have underlying reactive osteitis when i looked it up it said bone inflamation does anyone know what this is and is it connected to Lupus

magistramarla
03-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Michele,
It sounds to me like it might be related to Avascular Necrosis, also known as Osteonecrosis. Check out this site: http://www.nonf.org/nofbrochure/nonf-brochure.htm
There is an AVN support site which is run by a lady named Marie. She is much like our SaySusie, and truly understands AVN. Unfortunately, it costs $20 per year to be a member there, but it's worth it. (We can be very thankful for our dear Conrad here at WHL)

I had arthroscopic surgery for my AVN two years ago. I also had a bone marrow edema. He repaired the meniscus and shaved back the necrotic bone. It took a long time to heal, but my joint is now much better. Unfortunately, AVN can come back, and it can attack other joints. Taking prednisone can make AVN much worse, so I can't take steroids - ever!
You might want to do some research and talk all of this over with your docs.
Hugs,
Marla

lovehubby
03-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info that is what I thought too when I saw the MRI results I will ask the ortho on monday and see what he saids

tgal
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi Michele,

Marla gave you some great advice. Basically any time they find "inflammation" it is a strong possibility it is caused by an autoimmune disease