PDA

View Full Version : Benlysta For Lupus Likely To Be Approved This Thursday, A Potential Blockbuster

RSS Bot
03-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Benlysta (belimumab) is expected to gain US approval this week by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), USA, for the treatment of lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus). This is the first drug approval with benefits for lupus patients in half-a-century...

More... (http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/218427.php)

tgal
03-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Let the happy dance begin!!!!

kim,l
03-07-2011, 06:04 PM
i am glad for you hope it comes to australia soon as well would love some relief hugs kim l

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Has anyone here mentioned the possibility of trying this to their rheumy? I did and she didnt even know what I was talking about, which was a little discouraging that she doesnt follow things like this. I dont know how much it could help me personally but if I could swap out some other pills for this I would be sooo happy =) Do you think it'd be covered under insurance? I dont know how things like that work.

red246
03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Has anyone here mentioned the possibility of trying this to their rheumy? I did and she didnt even know what I was talking about, which was a little discouraging that she doesnt follow things like this. I dont know how much it could help me personally but if I could swap out some other pills for this I would be sooo happy =) Do you think it'd be covered under insurance? I dont know how things like that work.

I spoke to my doctor about when I first heard about it, last summer I think. She said it is defiintely something we are going to talk about if it gets approved since I cannot take Plaquenil.