PDA

View Full Version : Got better, then got worse =(

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 01:51 PM
I've felt especially sluggish all weekend so I tried to take it easy and just sit down and watch some movies. All was looking a little better with the swelling and everything but I had this weird sore throat and was so tired. Then my Raynauds started acting up like crazy and I dont know why because I've been staying so warm! Today I was at school and everything was fine until, as if on schedule, my feet got all swollen again! =( I seriously cant even do anything like walk for maybe 3 min across my school building 4 times a day without my feet getting huge. I feel so pathetic. I seriously have been confined to a chair or my bed for weeks and its really starting to get me down. I go back to the doctor tomorrow I hope she has some suggestions on what to do to help the swelling up at school. Anyone here have any suggestions on how to get between classes without walking? lol I need a teleporter! That'd make life easier ;)

tgal
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I am so sorry Ritz! I think you need one of those things (and of course I can't think of the name) that you stand on and just lean a bit forward and it goes forward and you lean a bit back and it goes in reverse. The name of it is on the tip of my tongue and it is irritating me!

Anyway, you need one of those!

GoodDog
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm so sorry, ritzbit. If you can't walk you may have to talk to your doctor about getting mobility equipment to help you get around. I know that's a difficult route to take but it may be a solution for now. I think about you often and hope you start feeling better soon. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/artists/vishenka/l_dance.gif

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
A segway! lol that would be incredibly fun to ride around school on lol I dont know what she'll do for me. How long does prednisone and cellcept take to start working? I started on 30mg last Tuesday and even if it wasnt the prednisone working like I assumed my feet week getting better. Now all the sudden they look so bad again and it hurts to have socks on so my feet are freezing and purple >:[ Its so frustrating because Im doing everything I've been told to do and they are still swollen! Stupid vasculitis. I hope its not happening anywhere else, but I assume I would have noticed if it was. I appreciate you guys listening, I have no one else I can talk to about all this because they have no insight.

wolfwhisper
03-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry to hear your on another decline!! If you have soft cloth, you might be able to make make-shift booties that you can easily slip on and off. Probably wont work if you wear sandals though, but sneakers might hurt just as bad as normal socks do.

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I have those slipper socks and even those sound bad right now. My regular socks arent even tight and they are leaving indents on my fight! =( its ridiculous. I have wrapped my feet in a blanket for the time being lol

SandyR
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
does the school nurse have a wheelchair? she/he might let you use it with a doctor's note.

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd feel so weird in a wheelchair =(

SandyR
03-07-2011, 02:59 PM
better than hurting yourself by trying to stand on your already swollen feet. besides - you can probably get out of class a few minutes earlier for each class to give you time to navigate the hallways traffic free.

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I'll talk to my doctor about it. Maybe we can come up with another thing that may help. I hope we do.

SandyR
03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
you could always bring in a red wagon and have your dog pull you to class. LOL.

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Lol oh goodness that made me laugh. I think that is the best idea =)