PDA

View Full Version : Strange New Symptom

tgal
03-07-2011, 01:39 PM
OK everyone, I am in need of some information. For about 3 weeks now I am getting this cold feeling INSIDE my chest. It isn't cold to the touch but it feels like I have ice inside my chest. I tried looking it up but didn't really find answers.

Have any of you ever had this? If so do you know what caused it?

GoodDog
03-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Wow, that's a new one I'm not familiar with. The only thing similar is a cold feeling I get in my ankles. I have to look down to make sure I'm not stepping in water. It feels just like something cold is touching them when I move them but more on the inside than the outside and the skin isn't cold to touch. I hope others can help you figure this out, tgal!

Saysusie
03-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Tgal;
Mention this to your doctor IMMEDIATELY! Hopefully it is nothing, but it could be an indication that there is an issue with your heart. Please contact your doctor and let us know what the prognosis is!

Peace and blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

ritzbit
03-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Might not make sense but could it be Raynauds related....? My doctor has mentioned several times that it can affect the lungs in the same way as hands and feet. I dont know if that would cause a cold feeling though. Just the first thing that came to mind. I hope you figure it out.

tgal
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
OK When Carlotta says to call the doctor IMMEDIATELY then I call the doc IMMEDIATELY! I am waiting for a call back now. Will let you know what happens

tgal
03-07-2011, 03:01 PM
well the doc cs office called and said that i need to come in tomorrow. So I guess we will see what it is at that time

Nonna
03-08-2011, 04:16 AM
I'm praying and sending good thoughts your way. This is why you weren't sleeping

hugs and love

tortugal
03-08-2011, 05:21 AM
hope all is well! hugs

red246
03-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Praying that it goes well. Please let us know when you get back! (((HUGS)))

bunny28
03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Sending you positive thoughts. Please let us know how it goes.

tgal
03-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi guys. Well I couldn't find anyone to take me to the doctor today and since I am having a pretty bad head day I can't drive. Looks like the doctor is going to have to be put off but thanks so much for all the kind words. I am sure everything will be ok

bunny28
03-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Wish I could take you. Feel better.

SandyR
03-08-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi guys. Well I couldn't find anyone to take me to the doctor today and since I am having a pretty bad head day I can't drive. Looks like the doctor is going to have to be put off but thanks so much for all the kind words. I am sure everything will be ok

I think you better mention to the dr why you aren't coming in b/c he might make you call an ambulance.

~added thought~ where I live the county has a disability transportation system set up. Is there something like that for you?

tgal
03-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes and no about the transportation. There is transportation to grocery stores and such but we have no hospital in my count so I have to go to a county about 20 miles away. The bus doesn't go that far.

SandyR
03-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes and no about the transportation. There is transportation to grocery stores and such but we have no hospital in my count so I have to go to a county about 20 miles away. The bus doesn't go that far.

Well that's a little backwards. Don't they realize if you are on disability and using this transportation you will probably need to go see a dr? DUH! It doesn't help you now but maybe you can get the ball moving for your county to change this.

SandyR
03-08-2011, 02:38 PM
http://www.houstonredcross.org/en/cms/126/
http://www.mymedicab.com/FAQ.html
http://www.rrtransportation.com/

found a few medical transport cos in the houston area. it's more than a cab but less than an ambulance and definitely worth the price of your life.

In fact there's a whole list of sites you might want to check out here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=houston+tx+medical+transportation&aq=2v&aqi=g-v3&aql=&oq=houston%2C+tx+-+medical+tran

tgal
03-08-2011, 10:50 PM
http://www.houstonredcross.org/en/cms/126/
http://www.mymedicab.com/FAQ.html
http://www.rrtransportation.com/

found a few medical transport cos in the houston area. it's more than a cab but less than an ambulance and definitely worth the price of your life.

In fact there's a whole list of sites you might want to check out here http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=houston+tx+medical+transportation&aq=2v&aqi=g-v3&aql=&oq=houston%2C+tx+-+medical+tran

You are really awesome! If I actually lived in Houston there is so much help there. There is a hospital I could use for free and all kinds of good stuff. Problem is I live in a small town outside of Houston and I am not even in the same county (harris) so my options are really limited. Thanks for all the work you did though!!!

SandyR
03-09-2011, 08:12 AM
You are really awesome! If I actually lived in Houston there is so much help there. There is a hospital I could use for free and all kinds of good stuff. Problem is I live in a small town outside of Houston and I am not even in the same county (harris) so my options are really limited. Thanks for all the work you did though!!!

Harris County:
http://www.harriscountytransit.com/docs/Transportation_Resource.pdf

You don't live too far from my family - at least by Texan measurements. They live in Galveston and Silsbee. I don't get down there to see them often - in fact it's been about 25 years since I have been to TX - but next time I do I'm calling you up to go get some lunch and margaritas!

tgal
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I think my fog is making me unclear. Harris County is Houston and surrounding counties. I don't live there. I live about 30 miles the other direction from Galveston. As I said, they have a bus here that takes people to the store and such but my doctor is in a different small county (because it has a hospital) and the bus only takes you around town. You are wonderful for looking it up. I have checked with them on this and they don't drive you to other towns

SandyR
03-09-2011, 02:31 PM
I think my fog is making me unclear. Harris County is Houston and surrounding counties. I don't live there. I live about 30 miles the other direction from Galveston. As I said, they have a bus here that takes people to the store and such but my doctor is in a different small county (because it has a hospital) and the bus only takes you around town. You are wonderful for looking it up. I have checked with them on this and they don't drive you to other towns

Too bad you don't live closer to Galveston. I would just ask my cousin to come scoop you up and take you to the dr. She's a nurse.

serand4
03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
You're in my prayers -- keep us posted girl!

GoodDog
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Is it getting any better tgal? The situation you're in is so awful and no American citizen should have to go through it! We give medical care to other countries and don't take care of our own!! Sorry for the mini rant but it upsets me so much and you deserve to be cared for! (((tgal)))

Saysusie
03-09-2011, 10:42 PM
Tgal; How are you feeling? Since you were unable to make it to your doctor (what a nightmare situation!), I wanted to make sure that you are OK. Do you still have the symptom of coldness in your chest?
Are you going to try to make it to your doctor tomorrow? Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

tgal
03-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Tgal; How are you feeling? Since you were unable to make it to your doctor (what a nightmare situation!), I wanted to make sure that you are OK. Do you still have the symptom of coldness in your chest?
Are you going to try to make it to your doctor tomorrow? Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Here is the problem. When I lost my job because I was sick I couldn't pay for my vehicle. It was repossessed in oct of last year. Really isn't a big deal because I am not allowed to drive with seizures anyway. Luckily over the past year I had two wonderful people that would take me to the doctor(s) but recently one moved and the other is without a vehicle and has taken a job. I have my daughter who can take me but she is in high school and is im all advanced classes. She is very proud of her grades and as long as she doesn't miss more than 2 days of school she gets exempted from her finals. I cannot allow my illness to disrupts her accademic career. She gets home around 4:30 and the doctor closes at 5. He takes walk ins but only the first 30 of the day and you have to actually go in and sign up. There is no way I can get there.

I go to the er for the TN. I have gone to the ER for 3 seizures so I could have my tegretol levels checked because SS required it. I have no insurance so I really can't afford to go for this and it really isn't that bad. It just feels different. I am keeping an eye on it and I thank everyone for caring. Love to each of you

wow
03-17-2011, 10:23 AM
tgal, how's the weird symptom now? Have you spoke with a doc yet?

magistramarla
03-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Mari,
It really sounds dangerous for your health that you are in that situation. Will your daughter graduate soon? When she goes to college, if she's willing, perhaps you should consider moving near the campus with her. I'll bet that there will be better transportation available near a college campus.
Hugs,
Marla

tgal
03-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Welcome back Mrs Marla. You were missed!

magistramarla
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks, Mari
I was super busy and then had internet connectivity problems.
So, will you consider moving to a place with better transportation when the young'un goes to college??
Hugs,
Marla