PDA

View Full Version : Secondary Diagnoses

SandyR
03-07-2011, 11:08 AM
So many of us have other AI issues and diagnoses. We have spoken about some of them in some depth through individual threads (especially thyroid disease) but we don't really have a master list of sorts of what other diagnoses we are dealing being tested for or have already tested positive for so I thought I would start one here. I know so many of us also have a family tie to AI diseases and that isn't clear either so I am starting this thread since so many of us feel so alone and confusted with the multiple disease shuffle blame game. I also think this will give us a better idea of how the AI patterns look as far as certain disease commonalities or family ties.

Let's start with me. I'm only going to list the AIs.

Definitely Diagnosed with -
IBS - 2000
Psoriasis - 200?
Sarcoidosis - 2009
Raynauds - 2009

Tested for/Doctors Suspected -
Lupus - 2005, 2007, 2009 - blood no, symptoms yes
Psoriatic Arthritis - 2009 - one rhuemy said yes the other no
Thyroid - Hypo - labs said borderline possibly, biopsy said no
MCTD - Rheumy wrote it on the chart - never went past that

Known Family History -
Mother - no definite AI diagnosis, many symptoms including multi-organ involvement
Father - no known disease
Maternal Aunts - Bechet's Disease (label changed from MS in 2011), IBD, Thyroid Disease

tgal
03-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Sandy this is a Great idea! I really think it will help people

iseedeadmonkeys
03-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Sandy dandy,

What a great post, ok i shall try in same catorgories as you...here goes~

Deffo diagnosed with
SLE-2007
Secondary Fibro
SCLE-2010
Raynauds-2010
sjergons (sp?)-2010
OCD-2009
RA-2007
some unknown blood disorder-1998

Tested/suspected

APS-2 weeks ago
Diabetes-friday
Epilepsy-2005

Known family history~
Grandmother (dads side) diabetes type 2
Father RA
Mother epilepsy, diabetes type 2
3rd cousin, mild SLE
sister, MS

GoodDog
03-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Yes, this IS a great idea. Thanks!

Definitive:
Lupus (SLE) (2000)
Fibromyalgia (1992)
Eosinophilia-Myalgia Syndrome (1989)
Gastroenteric Arteriovenous Malformations (2011)
Iron Deficiency Anemia (weekly infusions) (2011)
Spinal Stenosis (2000)
Cystocele and Recotcele grade 4 (2009)
Cataract (2011)
Neuopathy - feet and hands (2003)
High Blood Pressure
Delayed Pressure Urticaria (1989)

Told by Doctor But Not Confirmed:
Arthritis
Psoriasis

Known Family History:
Father - Epilepsy
Mother - Fibromyalgia
Sister - Fibromyalgia
Uncle - Diabetes

Bonita
03-07-2011, 01:17 PM
Okay here is mine Was diagnosised with lupus and polyomyositis and raynauds in 2007 no one in my family has any of these and mialgia have had a pet scan and a few body scans numerous blood work before the official diagnosis I have a cage and plates and srews in my back at t-11 and t-12 i also have osteroartheritis and migrains and about every six months or so i get a series of 3 epidural steroid injections in my back for pain and i also have asthma i am on 6mgs of prednisone for 1136 days this get adjusted from time to time 200mgs of plaquinel for 850 days and 120mg of verapimil for the migrains and 1.0 mgs of methotrexate for 75 weeks and i take a luecovorin tablet 12 hours after the methotrexate injection weekly my mom has had breast cancer as well as her sister my dads family has a lot of diabetes and so does my moms side i think that is about it i also have had a bleeding ulcer and i have barrottes esophagas i also have 1 different kinds of stomach polylops

Saysusie
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
I have posted a sticky in "New Members" and "Lupus Symptoms" listing 63 Auto-Immune Diseases. Please feel free to post replies if you know of an AI issue that is not included in that list!

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie