PDA

View Full Version : Heloo

Nancyhuntress
03-07-2011, 09:37 AM
Hello, my name is Nancy

tgal
03-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Nancy! Welcome to WHL! Please make yourself at home. Feel free to look around and read the old posts or start new ones if you want. I look forward to getting to know you

Nancyhuntress
03-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Thank you hoping to find answers

tgal
03-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Do you mind telling me a little about your situation? I might be able to point you in the right direction

Nancyhuntress
03-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Not really sure where to start found out I had Lupus while my husband was overseas in 2009 only to be told they found this in 2007 go figure no one thought to tell me ... So here we are I'm in pain my joints hurt so badly I bruise like I've been beaten my eyes burn and itch so badly they are brusied as well ... My head hurts I can stay focused on any one thing no sleep is enough if you go to the drs they seem to look at me like so what you were expecting ... Am I losing my mind

tgal
03-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Oh Nancy you are at the right place and no, you are NOT crazy! You will find a lot of "doctor bashing" around here because so few understand this disease! Although everyone's symptoms are a bit different the things you are going through are quite normal. The not focusing is what we call "brain fog". There are many things that go with the fog such as inability to focus, forgetting things, losing things and on and on. There is actually a kind of funny thread called "you might have brain fog when" it is all about the brain fog and the funny things we do. I have attached the link below

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthread.php?7214-You-Know-You-Have-Brain-Fog-When...&highlight=brainfog

The bruising, the pain, and tons of other things go alone with this disease. You aren't alone now. You are now a member of the WHL family so feel free to ask any questions you want and start new threads if you want to do that. I am so glad you joined and I look forward to getting to know you!

bunny28
03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
nancy - Before my diagnosis last month, I have often wondered if I was losing my mind. You are not alone. I can tell you I am still trying to sort of some of the messes that my losing focus/forgetting to do something/feeling fuzzy brained have caused. I used to be able to remember everything and was very organized in my head, never needing to write things down. I could not believe when I read that this brain fog may actually be part of the disease. I just wanted you to know that you are definitely not alone and absolutely in the right place. Take care,
Bunny

Saysusie
03-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi Nancy;
Welcome to our family. I see that you've already been given some great information and comforting words already. I just wanted to make sure that I stopped by to welcome you also.
Please do read and enjoy the thread "You Know You Have Brain Fog When..." As you will see, you are not alone..by any means.
This site is filled with great people who are understanding, kind, comforting, supportive, and informative. I am glad that you are here :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

Nancyhuntress
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Sounds a lot like me lately funny how it makes you laugh now but such is disconcerting when it's happening thank you for caring

kim,l
03-07-2011, 05:37 PM
hi nancy welcome whl you have come to right place for support we are all here for you hugs kim l sydney australia

Peridot20_Gem
03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Not really sure where to start found out I had Lupus while my husband was overseas in 2009 only to be told they found this in 2007 go figure no one thought to tell me ... So here we are I'm in pain my joints hurt so badly I bruise like I've been beaten my eyes burn and itch so badly they are brusied as well ... My head hurts I can stay focused on any one thing no sleep is enough if you go to the drs they seem to look at me like so what you were expecting ... Am I losing my mindHello Nancy,
Welcome to the WHL and i'm really glad you've found us plus hoping the threads have also helped as there's so much going on with the condition.

It sounds like your joints are swollen badly are you on any medication yet to help with the Lupus and swelling?? refering the bruising it's possible you may have anemia as that makes you bruise but because the bloods fluctuate so much with Lupus pin pointing condition's with Lupus itself can be so hard, it took 6mths for my anemia reading to show but you have mentioned bruising to the eyes i used to have that and i'm going back a good 6yrs and apprentley it's blood vessels bursting at the back of the eyes and it comes forward into bruising [you mays well say you've done 10 rounds how it can make you look] the itching and burning from your eyes is the Lupus have they done a paper strip test yet to see how bad your eyes are out of 10.

Nancy let the doctor's look at you like you've come off cloud 9 but mate your the one suffering and push at them because you need more tests and medication to help you. Fight it mate.

Luv Terri xxx