PDA

View Full Version : Hand Twitching

GoodDog
03-04-2011, 02:51 PM
In the last few months I've developed a twitching in my hands and fingers. It only happens in the morning and subsides as the day goes on. I've looked at my medicines for adverse effects and don't see any that say they cause this. Does anyone else have twitching?

SandyR
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
yes, I get this. The only definite cause I know for mine - and this is sometimes and not always - if I go too long before eating the first sign my blood sugar is too low is the shakes. Since I am a diabetic who is completely controlled without meds this is a big sign for me.

SOmetimes I get it and it's not the sugar, but when that happens it's more like a spasm and less like I shake. I get spasms all over - my eyes, arms, hands, legs will just suddenly twitch. There's absolutely no pattern that I can discern from the twitching spasms or no reliability on when they will occur. I haven't even mentioned it to my dr yet.

GoodDog
03-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I get shaky when my pain meds aren't working and I stand longer than I should. I try to rush whatever I'm doing so I can sit down and that makes me shake. These are more twitches, maybe muscle spasms but I don't think so. I get muscle spams throughout my body too and these feel different. It doesn't happen if I'm using my hands only when they're still. There have been so many more important issues to talk to my doctor about that I haven't bothered with this one but I do notice it getting worse.

rob
03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Yes, I get twitching quite often. Mine are small muscle spasms caused by neurological problems related to MS. I get them in my hands, in my calf muscle on both sides, and sometimes in one eyelid. (thats very irritating!)

Nonna
03-05-2011, 02:39 AM
I have parkinson's so I do get them. My hands have tremors or shakes; my body does the twitching. It used to start with a warning sensation that would not go away until I twitched. Now I get no warning I just twitch. I don't know if yours is a drug side effect, reaction or what. I know that mine get worse when I miss a dosage of meds. I'd mention them the next time you're in the presence of the medical wisemen.(just kidding). I can't tell you one way or another what's causing yours, only tests will tell.

Nonna

tgal
03-05-2011, 06:16 AM
I don't have MS or pakenson's but I shake and twitch most of the time. I am having trouble with my hands today that is why everyone is getting short posts. When they are like this I can hardly carry a drink. I have to hold the cup against my chest because my fingers just fly open and down it goes

jmail
03-06-2011, 08:20 PM
The older I get, and the more involved with this shtinking lupus I get, I just Shake, Rattle and Roll (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtPNZXpedyI) more & more... People think I'm trying to imitate Elvis sometimes... tic

tgal
03-06-2011, 08:21 PM
LOL Priceless!

magistramarla
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I have random spasms in muscles, too. I've been getting them in my arms and hands lately. Sometimes I can't hold onto something in the kitchen and just drop things all over the floor. I've had a few spectacular messes lately.
My legs are what spasm the most. A random spasm can just pull me down to the floor while walking. I actually had both legs spasm at once not long ago. That was a spectacular fall!
Rob, I noticed that you mentioned your calf muscles. Mine are constantly clenched, hard as rocks and very painful. The docs seem baffled by it, and just keep telling me that there is nothing wrong with my muscles. This seems wrong to me!
Hugs,
Marla

GoodDog
03-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Marla, my calf muscles are the same way, hard as a rock. The muscles are also well-defined, like a runner, but weak. My doctors just shake their heads and say nothing. I thought it was from a rare muscle disease I have.