PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Have This Problem?

reckerdt
03-04-2011, 10:44 AM
As a child, I was an early riser now it's almost like I'm a night owl. During the day my symptoms are almost always unbearable in the fall and winter during daylight hours than all of a sudden when the sun goes down, it's almost like my body starts to wake up or unthaw. Am I allergic to sunlight? I thought we needed it to make Vitamin D?

Saysusie
03-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Actually, with Lupus, we are (in a sense) vampires. We must avoid the sun as much as possible as exposure can bring on worsening symptoms. These can include extreme fatigue, skin rashes, painful joints/muscles, and an overall feeling of malaise. So, what you are experiencing is not uncommon.
When the sun goes down and we are no longer feeling its ill effects, many of us find that we have more energy and less symptoms. The problem is that, often, this means that we get little to no sleep and no recuperative rest. So, try to make sure that you allow your body to rest as much as you can so that the fatigue does not worsen or become debilitating.
I wish you the very best :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

serand4
03-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Yes, sunlight is our enemy! Use heavy sunscreen on all exposed areas and for me personally, sundown, when the sun is really in your face, is my worst time and my rashes will bloom like evil roses! And night time is definitely now one of my best times which never was the case before. We definitely get our lives turned upside down with this stuff, don't we?

tgal
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Mannnnnnnnn I typed a really long post here and then hit the wrong button!

Anyway, my point was that for some of us (me included) have to wear sunscreen almost 24 hours a day. Outside, inside with florescent lighting, in a car because light shines through and even in our homes if there is lighting shining in from the windows. Not only do I get rashes/turn red I also get very fatigued I feel worse all the way around.
I actually keep a bottle of the spray on 50 protection in my purse I also keep a wipe on high strength one for my face.

The answer to you question is yes, I too feel better at night. Like Susie said... I am a vampire too

jmail
03-06-2011, 08:13 PM
mee too... and now I take blood plasma once a month! So I'm a double-vampire... lol - and I take vitamin D supplements (for some reason, I can't seem to remember the dose at this moment, and I can't see the label to read it... hmmm) to try to make up for my lack of sunlight.