PDA

View Full Version : I opened my mind and this is what came to me........

Nonna
03-02-2011, 03:02 AM
I started to think about the good old times; when Life was good and carefree. So I start to look back; but I did not see myself standing there. So I looked back further and further. I found myself as a child. I then realized that this was the point in my Life when I started to separate myself from the pain.

Then I asked: Lord what are you teaching me........
And I realized that the pain is part of me
Part of who I am.

Saysusie
03-02-2011, 08:37 AM
You are soooo right. It is difficult to have to come to this realization that pain is, indeed, a part of most of us and defines who we are.
Thank you for this insight :-)

Peace and Blessings
Namaste
Saysusie

PainGoAway
03-10-2011, 11:37 AM
So true...
and how we deal with it and live our lives in spite of it really defines who we are

Bonita
03-10-2011, 11:41 AM
You get to the point of dealing and living with pain everyday because if you do not it wins, Bonita

~LUVMYFLOWERS~
03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Thank's Nonna for the helpful post, and insight,
I needed that, very good and soo true. You have a great and blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!
~Diane~

lovehubby
03-17-2011, 07:19 AM
I have lived with pain so long now that it is a part of me. My back surgery was in 1997 and I am still in pain with everything I do. My feet not just from the heal spurs but the bones in my feet hurt all the time after sitting I can't hardly walk. Now throw in all the muscle pain and joint pain and wow it can be so overwelming. But we go on why because God only gives us what we can handly. Take care

wow
03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
"Wow it can be so overwhelming" is right. That's why I chose 'wow' as my screen name. I'm continually taken by surprise by amount of pain I feel when I stand up after sitting a bit. I don't always say wow when I stand up, but I usually moan something. I have the prayer chain at church praying for me now. I'm hoping to get off oxygen at night (expensive), and about to have spinal nerve cauterization.

Nonna
03-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow just remember those footsteps in the sand. He's there with you, helping you move , helping you live. It's up to you what you do with his gift.

Nonna
04-26-2011, 05:00 PM
I just reread this thread because I needed to remind myself that the trials we are given are not more than we can handle. But! Lord! Why??? Do you trust the I can handle so much.? Right now all I see are single footsteps in the sand; I'm so burdened. I'm so overwhelmed.
Comfort me in my hour of need, I pray.

tgal
04-26-2011, 06:39 PM
I just reread this thread because I needed to remind myself that the trials we are given are not more than we can handle. But! Lord! Why??? Do you trust the I can handle so much.? Right now all I see are single footsteps in the sand; I'm so burdened. I'm so overwhelmed.
Comfort me in my hour of need, I pray.

All I can give you is a virtual hug Nonna (((((HUGS))))). Wish I could do more

Peridot20_Gem
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Nonna,

Lovely insight to how we deal with pain and threads such as yours makes us realize what we're going through and how to tolerate it.

Terri xxx